Ban grunting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atothej09

Reaction score
I have been watching the tennis and it is starting to make me sick to the stomach listening to these women (CHEATERS) making grunting...or Squealing...or even Steam Whistle noises when hitting the ball.

I believe it should be banned.

The sound carries all the way to the opponent, which has to be completely distracting.
If the crowds watching the game cannot make a sound, why can the women players make these sounds?

This will wreck the game if nothing is done.
It was banned in Squash, it can be banned in Tennis.

Your thoughts???

my thoughts? i find tennis boring so i don't watch it and as such think they can make any sounds they like ;) tho i do think its odd they make those sounds you don't really hear those grunts of effort from any other sports players using bats/racquets. i don't hear Clarke and Ponting grunt as they smash their way to double centuries.

There's no need for it. I dont think it intentional cheating though, but it should be stopped by the WTA. You dont see it from the men. I flicked to the tennis during the cricket and saw sharapova on court, and flicked straight back.

I love tennis and its a massive pain in the ar*e to listen to through a whole game.. Men also grunt just not so high pitched but still annoying..

they'd have trouble banning it though since its something they usually do due to exertion of power an not to try and distract their opponent..

There's no need for it. I dont think it intentional cheating though, but it should be stopped by the WTA. You dont see it from the men. I flicked to the tennis during the cricket and saw sharapova on court, and flicked straight back.

you most definitely DO see it from the men!!

Its to get a more powerful hit on the ball by breathing out as you hit it and the sound just comes out with it.
I don't think its cheating.

Nothing better then seeing Maria Sharapova grunting, its what keeps me interested in tennis.

wow, that's all you've got to complain about? really, get a life.

i dont mind when its a grunt from exertion but sometimes its more of a banshee screech, long, and high pitched its annoying.

Someone told me an interesting theory today. Not sure how true it is but he said, apparently if they are quite, they can tell the speed, type of hit of the ball when it hits the racket as the different hits make a different sound.
The noise they make masks that.

Interesting but true???

Who knows? I do agree that some of it is a bit over the top though.

some guys at work read the daily paper every day and they said sharapova's grunt was recorded at 93 decibels.....I have worked in places with a slightly lower level than this and been required to wear ear plugs or ear muffs, I feel sorry for the lines people etc

Yeah, I completely agree with banning it. They're only doing it for a distraction. If the crowd has to be quiet, the players can too.
If the players wont be quiet, let the crowd cheer!

Oh, my mum said last night that she wishes they would ban the squeaking from the shoes, or make squeak-proof courts -_- :rolleyes::lol:

The only things I like about summer are tennis and cricket....but I really really hate Sharapova's screams....at home I can mute the sound and still enjoy the game, but I'd be most annoyed if I paid good money to actually go to a match and had to put up with her, I'd want to walk out. Apparently she's done it since she was a little girl learning to play. Several players grunt but she takes it totally over the top.

I have been watching the tennis and it is starting to make me sick to the stomach listening to these women (CHEATERS) making grunting...or Squealing...or even Steam Whistle noises when hitting the ball.

I believe it should be banned.

The sound carries all the way to the opponent, which has to be completely distracting.
If the crowds watching the game cannot make a sound, why can the women players make these sounds?

This will wreck the game if nothing is done.
It was banned in Squash, it can be banned in Tennis.

Your thoughts???

Damn right ban it... all this grunting and squeeling by these pretty women in small skirts while playing tennis. How the hell is a bloke meant to pay attention to the game and whats going on with all these naughty thought running through their heads... I mean c'mon, were trying to watch a game of tennis here.

After a 2 year study, the National Science Foundation announced the following results on America's recreational preferences: 1. The sport of choice for unemployed or incarcerated people is: basketball.
2. The sport of choice for maintenance level employees is: bowling.
3. The sport of choice for blue-collar workers is: football.
4. The sport of choice for supervisors is: baseball.
5. The sport of choice for middle management is: tennis.
6. The sport of choice for corporate officers is: golf.

Conclusion: The higher you rise in the corporate structure, the smaller your balls become.

. and my favorite

Q: What did one tennis ball say to the other tennis ball?
A: “See you round..”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back