Fishing net to keep snakes out???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider178

Reaction score
I have just read somewhere else a theory that if you put fishing net around you property it will help keep snakes out as they will get tangled in it. Any thoughts on this? I have my doubts that's for sure.

They will get tangled in it that's for sure ... and die a horrible death :( ............Unless you call a snake catcher to remove the poor trapped animal

Both myself and my partner (who used to work on a fish farm) have had to remove multiple snakes from fish netting...it will keep them out, but is a horrible and disgusting way to die.

if its hung tightly they will climb over it and possible through it! and yes if they get tangled you then have to untangle them. not the weirdest theory ive heard but its up there :)

Both myself and my partner (who used to work on a fish farm) have had to remove multiple snakes from fish netting...it will keep them out, but is a horrible and disgusting way to die.

ok some will get stuck

i myself have had to line the fence line top and bottom with rat and mouse wire mainly to stop the huskies from getting out but i would imagine it is far safer than any netting as the squares are only like 5mm.

Don't do it, that'd be my suggestion, the snakes will get tangled and die a painful death, generally cooking in the sun.

It'll keep them out, yeah probably, however it could well be dangerous with snakes getting tangled if they're still alive

Whats wrong with snakes cruising thru your yard most would be gone without you ever knowing they were there. Like shark nets it wont stop them all but will kill a great deal and also non target species.

Whats wrong with snakes cruising thru your yard most would be gone without you ever knowing they were there. Like shark nets it wont stop them all but will kill a great deal and also non target species.

Nothing wrong with it, I would love to see more. Was just a comment made by someone in a facebook post. Other things were mentioned, they have been put in their place.

I relocated a huge red belly the other day that was caught up in that idiot mesh. poor thing managed to get all of it's head and neck completely tied up. After cutting away the netting as best I could, I could see scales ripped off all over it's head and neck. Took it to Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, hope it came good. Does it work...sure... if you're into animal cruelty. I'd most certainly advise against it though.

Nets are terrible news for snakes, and snake rescuers end up risking their own lives trying to save snakes stuck in net all the time.

I have a little Stimmie and have to be careful how I handle him coz sometimes my nails nick his scales, so always handle him very carefully and make sure my nails...which aren't really very long....aren't anywhere near him. So I hate to think what a mesh would do to their scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back