Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have already approached each states relevant departments and included all information i was given in my original submissions. i was then asked to try and get numbers from private individuals.

just read through the list of species in the different schedule lists..... what a joke. a common brown tree snake in the same schedule as an eastern brown.
yeah they would be on par to keep and handle....

They are both on the advanced list, what is the problem with that? It doesn't mean they are on par.

Advanced license full stop in Victoria is a joke! If you are 18 years old and have $183.20 is all you need to get one! No experience, no previous basic license, no nothing. The only difference is an extra $120 and cant be sold commercially.
Paul

What is wrong with that? We already live in a nanny state, why make it worse.

I don't think being allowed to own an Inland Taipan as your first snake with no training or previous experience is real flash. Disaster waiting to happen!
Paul

I don't think being allowed to own an Inland Taipan as your first snake with no training or previous experience is real flash. Disaster waiting to happen!
Paul

In theory yes but how often does that really happen?

Yep, Inland Taipans and Woma Pythons in the same category..
Lets not that forget Lacies and Scrubs are on basic. This in particular is a serious worry,
look through the old threads at how many 15 year olds want to get Lacies and Scrubs...
Ahhhh Victoria..

Yep, Inland Taipans and Woma Pythons in the same category..
Lets not that forget Lacies and Scrubs are on basic. This in particular is a serious worry,
look through the old threads at how many 15 year olds want to get Lacies and Scrubs...
Ahhhh Victoria..

Is there much of a difference between a cranky olive and a cranky scrubby?

Is there much of a difference between a cranky olive and a cranky scrubby?

According to the scrubby owners on here there is. Or maybe it's just because more often than not they seem to have split personalities and can turn on you out of the blue

In queensland the brown tree snake is on the basic licence as a starter i guess to vens, but to have a relatively harmless snake in the same catagorie, just amuses me, the brown tree snake is relativly slow compared to an eb, and alot easier to handle.

Advanced license full stop in Victoria is a joke! If you are 18 years old and have $183.20 is all you need to get one! No experience, no previous basic license, no nothing. The only difference is an extra $120 and cant be sold commercially.
Paul

yeah your right, here is alot harder to get, you need verafiable experience, and have held a basic licence.
I guess its like alot of thing, what young bloke dieing to get his bike licence wants to be riding a postie bike, they all drewl over the like of the R1.
havent got a problem with people progressing but think there should be some form of testing to prove you have the knowledge and the skills to keep - house -feed - and handle a dangerous elapid.

You can have most pets without any experience. Dogs, cats, birds etc...don't single out reptiles.

Having a licence to have a child should be mandatory IMO. Must have credible history and 'looking after a child' courses should be part of the application. Too many nuffies out there can have kids when most should not be bringing a child into the world at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol what about Tasmania, tiger snakes are on the same license as delicate skinks!

Tigers and Taipans are on the same list as olives and any monitor over a foot long for us over in W.A :p
I really think they need to have a common sense look at the licence categorizing.

Not saying that monitors and olives shouldn't be taken as serious as an elapid when it comes to care and what-not, but it sort of ruins it for people who don't really want to dabble in elapids but would love to get a nice monitor or larger python. Needing the most advanced license and ven. course + references to do this is dumb.

END RANT lol

You cannot keep taipans in wa. As for permit systems not too many systems are based on the viewpoint of the keeper (while some authorities have taken input from keepers). Most systems are based around ease of inforcement and perceived safety of the permit holder.

This in turn allows for some unusual at best permit regulations.

Cheers
scott

Well this thread went off topic.

Anyone know what new species got/getting approved?

bump

----------------

Despite the last post being almost 5 months ago, I find this to be a very interesting topic and would very much like to find out what happened with these species potentially being added to the list. Also am I the only person in VIC that desperately would love V. scalaris to be on the list?

As far as my understanding any amendments to the Victoria wildlife schedule has been postponed to mid 2013.

I'm stoked that wheeleri are on the list, but a little bummed that desert adders haven't made it yet. Not that I'd be getting one anytime soon...
Still, yay for potentially more animals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back