Australia day kiss (some blood)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whyme

Reaction score
After cooking a bbq, few jars, and all the rest, my brother out law asked to have a look at my lacie. No worries I said. " He's calm as, never bites. Just a little pussycat". Put my hand in, and WHAM!!! He just glanced me, but enough to nick a main tube and get me 10 stitches. 7 between the two bottom cuts, and 3 on the top. Two messages here. Don't become complaicent, and don't drink and play!!! He's only a juvie/sub by the way.:shock::shock:;)

Attachments

• pictureview.jpg
    pictureview.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 369
  • pictureview2.jpg
    pictureview2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 293
  • pictureview3.jpg
    pictureview3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 290
  • pictureview11.jpg
    pictureview11.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 260
Happy Australia Day, love from the wildlife.

Dude that's incredible. I hear the experienced lacie keepers talking about this but I always thought they were overplaying it a but. Glad you're alright (mostly)

Ouch! Decent touch up from just a "juvie"! Can we see a picture of the culprit?

I'm glad you still have your fingers. A good reminder for all who keep (or want to keep) lacies.

I wonder if it was the barbecue or the beer smell that did it? :p

I have been in your shoes before and never want that to happen again. However i still enjoy jumping into the lacey pit at feed time and let them stalk me like prey. My biggest girl is especially cunning and would happy take off a finger or 2

ouch

But I bet he didnt mean it.....I bet you reached in differently because people were there and there were different smells and noises.....if things are different sometimes their senses play tricks on them I am sure of it.

I had Alvin grab me and coil me once....and for the life of me I cannot work out why....but it was so obvious it was a mistake...I drew my hand out of his enclosure and rubbed his coils and talked to him and it didnt take long for him to realise his mistake and you could tell he 'knew' he had bitten 'mum'. He let go and looked up at me as if to say 'hi mum' am I out for a hold...sorry about that lol...blood everywhere !!

Mind you doesnt stop it hurting and being a shock !!

Gosh imagine what he might do whe he is fully grown !!

actually.....what about piccies of the culprit lol

I'd been playing with lamb and chicken and all sorts of meats. Stupidity would be the best thing to call this;););)

Dude that's incredible. I hear the experienced lacie keepers talking about this but I always thought they were overplaying it a but. Glad you're alright (mostly)
Ha Ha, I'm fine, thanks. but, yup, def not overplaying it. Good reason why you should'nt feed em at national parks. They're usually big mongrels, and when they smell a meal there's pretty much no stoppin' 'em!!

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
I gave up playing with herps after a drink long ago. They just don't seem to mix, might be just me but if I have had a few its all the recipe I need to get bitten.
Few stitches... nice work!

Those are some decent slices! Glad you are all good and stitched up.

It really drives home what you hear about them being dangerous when you actually see what they are capable of!

was just showing you some love,had the same thing happen with my olive python,mum came over i said he is a pussycat which he was and never bite me since i had him and out of no where calls me a lyer and 12 stitches later lol.........they know just when to do it.
All part of the hobby i guess good to see ya all stitched up mate.

Great lookin lacie, nice wounds haha! I love how he's nice and chummy

ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!!

and i agree with Sarah, he does look pleased with himself,...and very handsome,.....!!

Thanks for the comments all. Just hope this pushes the fact that warrior juice and animals can lead to a potentially dangerous situation. And, just for the record, the little s#$t was EXTREMELY pleased with himself:)

Hey Sax type in Donkey versus Lacie..:)
Or even Lacy takes down Donkey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back