Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't understand unlike most teenagers (when I say most I mean the ones you all think of) I don't rely on my parents for money. the most my parents have to do with MY hobby is sitting in the car while I get food etc, and to prove you all wrong this february I will keep every receipt and show you all how cheap it is to keep dragons.

Not all teenagers are stupid, rule breaking, crack heads as you all seem to think.
just commenting so this cant be edited later .

you don't understand unlike most teenagers (when I say most I mean the ones you all think of) I don't rely on my parents for money. the most my parents have to do with MY hobby is sitting in the car while I get food etc, and to prove you all wrong this february I will keep every receipt and show you all how cheap it is to keep dragons.

Not all teenagers are stupid, rule breaking, crack heads as you all seem to think.

Absolutly right! Im sick of on this site how SOME adults always have to mention our age, brigh it up as we dont know how to care for, afford, etc. It drives me nuts when someones age is brought up. I am the same as you, i have to pay for allof my stuff, ive pair hundreds on food for them, pair for everything and ,maybe only once have my parents bought me a tub of woodies. I am now saving for a $2000 gecko, which i have to earn myself! I am 15, but so what if i want it i will buy it with my own money. So please stop judging the kids on this site. This wasnt aimed at you Red-Ink, but it just brought it up...

Absolutly right! Im sick of on this site how SOME adults always have to mention our age, brigh it up as we dont know how to care for, afford, etc. It drives me nuts when someones age is brought up. I am the same as you, i have to pay for allof my stuff, ive pair hundreds on food for them, pair for everything and ,maybe only once have my parents bought me a tub of woodies. I am now saving for a $2000 gecko, which i have to earn myself! I am 15, but so what if i want it i will buy it with my own money. So please stop judging the kids on this site. This wasnt aimed at you Red-Ink, but it just brought it up...

Its 'paid', not 'pair'...kids today, honestly.

Absolutly right! Im sick of on this site how SOME adults always have to mention our age, brigh it up as we dont know how to care for, afford, etc. It drives me nuts when someones age is brought up.

with all due respect, i understand how you feel, however technically age wasn't really brought up was it?

You breeding your bearded dragons = a 1-2k loss for your parents

Your absolutely correct then all profit for you

from what i can see, what has been mentioned is the dependency factor, not age. Heck you can be a 30 year old and still mooching off your parents, and this (i would imagine) is pointing out to that issue, not the "because you're young you don't own up to anything" bs.

On the contrary, there are heaps of genuinely knowledgeable (and responsible) young people in this site, as much as there are irresponsible adults, so don't feel offended because chances are that wasn't the real intention, more like looking at things in a realistic manner rather than theoretical statements (and if you can put that into practice and prove everyone else wrong, more power to ya).

Who pays for power or is that free

with all due respect, i understand how you feel, however technically age wasn't really brought up was it?

Right there, no id dosnt say a specific age, but i can tell it was aimed at younger members.

OK now I understand...
You breeding your bearded dragons = a $300 profit for you
You breeding your bearded dragons = a 1-2k loss for your parents

Your absolutely correct then all profit for you

6770179781_2db58cd2f4.jpg

Right there, no id dosnt say a specific age, but i can tell it was aimed at younger members.

In this case I mentioned parent as I can follow a conversation...
He does live with his parents does he not?

It would have been a falacy on my part to mention

You breeding your bearded dragons = a 1-2k loss for your wife

I can assure you had the individual been a dependant of his wife/partner/grandparent/same sex life partner. I would have addressed that exactly the same in regards to what i consider misplaced delusions of granduer getting rich from breeding bearded dragons.

His age is not shown on the top right hand corner... and up to post #110 I was still asking him concise questions Was I not. It was not till later that he mentioned his age, which at that stage would not matter as the issue of dependancy has been established.

I'm not "having a go" at kids... I'm questioning anybody that thinks they are/can make a profit on breeding bearded dragons when they are'nt calculating all the "real" cost vs what they are making in sales cause all the real cost are'nt coming out of their pocket.

Last edited:
forget dragons
get a shed garage or warehouse and breed crickets and meal worms thats where the money is but not easy work

No such thing as easy money

There's the moloch (thorny devil) and it would be near impossible to get some and would cost a heap if you could but the Pygmy bluetongues would be the way to go... Though I think they're endangered and are only allowed to be kept in captivity by approved facilities,
Could be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back