Kangaroo Island Trip (Pic Heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bel, can you imagine a 'The pelican took me baby' story? Now that would have been something ay....

That was the first thing that came to mind actually! I wouldnt do to well in prison.....im too little & those girls can be rough! :lol:

How in comparison to other tigers?

They are also usually bigger, darker and very strongly built
not as big as Bass Straight tigers but still pretty impressive if youve only seen the mainland ones
I think they have their own classification now but not really up on tigers

KI is pretty awesome, did you do the adventure caving at kelly hills??? or visit any of the parks?

KI is pretty awesome, did you do the adventure caving at kelly hills??? or visit any of the parks?

Nah not really, my parents aren't incredibly adventurous when it comes to stuff like that. I would have loved to do it though. There's always next time I guess

not as big as Bass Straight tigers but still pretty impressive if youve only seen the mainland ones

The ones I saw were huge! Exactly like how you described them, pitch and shiny black

Thanks...I haven't seen any Tiger snakes so I wouldn't know..I do know that the ones in the bass straight are very big like in Chappel Island etc.

Are the Tiger snakes common on the island? Kangroo Island seems to have a nice diverse amount of interesting animals that call it home.

Also just out of curousity....are you an Aussie who is living/grew up in Indonesia or are you actullay Indonesian? Just curious.

My Kangaroo Island Tiger
October2nd2011106.jpg

P5090161.jpg

Wow! That's a beautiful snake

What does the whole enclosure look like?

those tigers are AWESOME
[and Im not keen on tigers]

pelicans are interesting
in Nelson Bay marina they sit on the light poles by the parking area
group of bikies from Sydney all parked their beautiful shiny choppers one day
we were sitting on the boat with loads of bait so fed them up
about 2 hours later those shiny black bikes were mottled grey all over
they can sure poo a huge stream of pretty vile stuff

I do not understand how Pelicans can spray their "waste"over such a huge area, carpet bomb even! I still love them though. I occaisionally see them out the front of my house in a small group doing syncronised fishing together. I'd like to feed them but my future predicting powers tell me that it will end up smelly.

Kangaroo Island is a fantastic place to visit, loads of things to see and do. Awesome pics OP!!

mmfan .are you an Aussie who is living/grew up in Indonesia or are you actullay Indonesian? Just curious. [unquote]

really just an oddity
born Ireland
father in construction so raised in south america africa and new zealand
travelled a bit with the army and then a bit more myself
settled in indonesia after many years in Aus
quite happy to stay here now as the wildlife is phenomenal
google bali reptile rescue some time
well worth staying here just for the rescue relocation fun

getarealdog ... nice shots

Last edited:
mmfan .are you an Aussie who is living/grew up in Indonesia or are you actullay Indonesian? Just curious. [unquote]

really just an oddity
born Ireland

sounds like a fulfilling life

really just an oddity
born Ireland

Thanks I was just wondering because you seem to have a good deal of knowledge on alot of different places...so I suspected military or some other field where you would travel often.

I haven't traveled that much myself but it is definitely one of my main hobbies...For whatever reason through Europe doesn't interest me except the Netherlands....I prefer untamed wilderness areas with wildlife that aren't teeming with a ton of people (with NYC being an exception through as I love it)

Went to Africa once (well technically twice) and have been to Alaska and Canada which are awesome! Through both are to brutal in the winter to live in... Never been to Australia or New Zealand but would definitely like to go their one day.

Only places that really interest me travel wise are

1. Alaska (already been their but would love to go every 2 years or so as it is an awesome place...Katmai National Park is my favorite national park.)
2. New Zealand
3. Australia
4. South Africa
5. The Netherlands
6. Argentina
7. Canada (been their 3 or 4 times but would love to go back)
8. Thailand

Alright I'll stop going off topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back