Stimson Missing for 2 months. Stories.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
my 10 month old stimson Doug went missing early december while i was in bali. he wasnt due for a feed for a couple more days when he went missing. my GF parents turned the house upside down looking for him as i was still in bali. i have had heatmats/hides set up with bait since but no signs. i think he may have got bored as i got him out to play daily but was busy moving house and flew out to bali so he wasnt taken out for around 12 days except for feeding. other than this i can only suspect that it may have got to warm inside his cage, which has never happened but as i was unable to monitor the heating it may have spiked to high.

i havent given up hope of finding him but have come to the conclusion that if he shows up' he shows up and if he doesnt then i hope is having a good adventure.

Does anyone have any similar stories/advice they could share.

Have a friend who lost one of her stimi hatchlings at a few weeks old. Turned up in the garage 11 months later exact same size and still very alert.

Have a friend who lost one of her stimi hatchlings at a few weeks old. Turned up in the garage 11 months later exact same size and still very alert.

That is amazing that the dear little thing could last that long !!

About two weeks ago the chap next door came running over stating that he had a baby brown snake cornered, could l get it well to cut a long story short it was a stimmie l lost as a hatchie last year with rp markings and to my amazement it was the same size as its two sibling holdbacks, but there are dozens of AHG's around here as a food source, so l have wormed her out and she is eating mice in a great fashion.
.......solar 17 (baden)

Hey buddy I was reading the scales and tails book and I seen ur site but can't get in it just wondering if u have any Bredli as I am looking to purchase one very soon thanks Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** wrong page

About two weeks ago the chap next door came running over stating that he had a baby brown snake cornered, could l get it well to cut a long story short it was a stimmie l lost as a hatchie last year with rp markings and to my amazement it was the same size as its two sibling holdbacks, but there are dozens of AHG's around here as a food source, so l have wormed her out and she is eating mice in a great fashion.
.......solar 17 (baden)

That's amazing.

Cheers Brenton

It does seem amazing when looked at through the eyes of a human!

Snakes are born survivors, and if they are lucky enough to escape predation and get food, then it is only a winter that will knock off the ones that aren't from that climate, but even then they can still survive.

I caught a Proserpine carpet male 8ft long and solid, in a roof a few years back. After some detective work I even found out who bred it. The person who lived across the road owned a bit of a collection and i am pretty sure it came from him as an escapee, and he had moved out 18mths prior to me catching it. It had canker, but I caught it in spring so it was through the winter and it was also fornicating with a local 8ft female diamond. Another well known person who used to relocate in the same area as me, contacted me with regard to this snake saying that he caught one too in the neighboring suburb. He had found the owner through photos of the snake the owner had and it had been out for 6 YEARS! The owner was ecstatic... it escaped as a juvie and came back an adult. Also bred by the same well known breeder as my one.
There are plenty of escaped snakes living happily in our bush and suburbs, as a catcher I get to see what is out there. We get quite a few "out of area" snakes in a season that are quite healthy.
Don't believe every thing you read about Jags not being able to survive out there. I hope it is true that they wouldn't, but time will tell.

After getting up one morning to check on my newish youngin Alb Darwin (a few days ago) I discovered the sliding glass slightly ajar and no snakey. I'd made a silly mistake and obviously not secured things like I usually do. I locked the cat up for the day and tried a daysearch with no luck. Night time came and I searched in the dark with a torch as quietly as possible, I found it on the other side of the room under my treadmill. I was lucky on this occaision!

I hope you have the same good luck as I had.

Why wouldn't a jag survive?
Cheers Glenn

We recently brought a breeding pair of coastal carpets.. Last night my hubby came running to me after finding the big boys vent pushed out and him missing.. We have turned the house upside down, left a feed out for him, searched the yard and trees with a torch and all again this
Morn... Bait is untouched and no sign of him :( our neighbours have a little dog so we r a bit worried about that, but there is a paddock on the other side with horses n a creek n ducks so I'm hoping like crazy he has gone over there n will show up fat n healthy n hasn't frightened any of the neighbours or eaten their pets! Zero sleep last night so stressed we won't stop looking for him but at the same time know it could be months until he shows up, or never :( good luck I hope you find your stimpson :)

Well we r extremely lucky, we came home the other day and when I walked into the garage there's Zeus cruising on out of the "rolled" part of the roller door onto the top of a cupboard :) I can honestly say I've never been happier to see the big bugger in my life! I'm not by any means trying to rub anything in.. Moral is if you have a roller door it's possible Doug could be curled up in there :) best of luck I sincerely hope you get him back

it has happend to me a few times with my bredlies i all ways used to find them on the window sill behind there enclosuer go figer the boy use to all ways try to get there eventualy i just let them roam looses in the lounge room and the two could all ways be found in the same spot sleeping aganst the window. oh and if you think pythons are hard to hind wait till you have a gecko get out of the encoloser.had a spiny tailed gecko boy go missing for three mounths thuough winter my mum found it in our linnen closet it was a bit skinny but alive it later whent on to breed the next seasion so moral of story never give up on finding them thay are often nere the enclosuers or some were in the house rather then getting out side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back