assistance in sexing beardies (p. vitticeps)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G.C.Dragons

Reaction score
Hey team,
I am after a second opinion (and 3rd, 4th, 5th etc) on the sex of some sub-adult beardies I have. Each are between the ages of 11-13 months and 180-250g.
Much appreciated
GCD

Attachments

• 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 94
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 93
stab in the dark
1. male ???
2. no idea
3. no idea
4. no idea

not the best angles, need to get along the bottom of the tail, not the tail sticking straight up. for me anyways, cos i cant see any bumps with that angle

also a shot of the femoral(?) pores inside the back legs and along the cloacaView attachment 236012

Hard to see bumps but id say male, male, female, female

Thats what I was thinking too, but its very hard to be 100% from photos, looking for the presence of pores would shed more light on the matter

Take some more photos, but this time, have them looking down along the tail/vent. Similiar to the ones youve taken already but more of angle. Hard to tell from these

Thanks guys, will post better pics tonight! Much appreciated

OK so i am back with more pics - pretty sure the last 2 are males (i can just see some of the pre-anal pores) they are the smaller 2... The first I am still unsure of - ( the first 2 pics are of the same animal)
A - ????
B - Male ?
C - Male ?

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 52
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 55
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 51
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
roughy

a. male??? cant really sde hemepenes bumps , but femoral pores look a bit large
b. male
c. female ???? at a guess

thats just rough guess from me mate. they still look a bit underdeveloped to be sure.

another way is to put em under some strong sun, or good uvb bulb together, and see who humps who, until they show better developement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back