nice coastal and black woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love womas.. however as fascinating as those hatchies are they aren't appealing to the eye (for me) at all!! sure they are different and rare but how boring!!

Wow, Wonder_Woma. I thought the complete opposite.. womas aren't really my cup of tea but if I saw one of them, oh boy i'd do just about anything to have one to call my own haha!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a few others I'm not a huge woma fan, but I've just changed my opinion. WOW......................

The perfect goal would be a completely solid black woma without any stippling / markings of other colours. So, solid pure black, no purple, orange, red, brown, etc.

A shiny solid pure black woma would be something to behold.

I'd rather have a black woma with an orange such as the mother

Wow....... congrats Rodney those hatchys look the goods,it will be interesting to see them in months to come.

Cheers
Congo

Congratulations Rodney, a great start to an exciting project. It is going to be fascinating watching these little ones develop. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats, theres some good contrast between those hatchies. Keep us posted with them.

Aaron

I think getting a pure solid black woma is perhaps just a case of selectively breeding these super dark hatchlings together with either the black parent or with each other. Who knows how much they will darken? I'm guessing they might even get darker than the black parent.

If so, that will be an even better starting point to get pure black womas.The black parent is showing clear hypermelanism, there is no disputing that.

With enough careful breeding we could see the super form of this trait which would of course be a completely solid black animal without any markings or colours.I think this project is on the right path, and I believe it's only a matter of time before we see a pure black super form of hypermelanistic womas that are pure black right out of the egg.

...imagine blending the super form of hypermelanism with amelanism (albino)...you'd end up with a completely white animal with pink eyes and pink tongue...that would be something to behold. I still think a solid black woma would be nicer than a white albino, but that's just me ;)

I think getting a pure solid black woma is perhaps just a case of selectively breeding these super dark hatchlings together with either the black parent or with each other. Who knows how much they will darken? I'm guessing they might even get darker than the black parent.

If so, that will be an even better starting point to get pure black womas.The black parent is showing clear hypermelanism, there is no disputing that.

With enough careful breeding we could see the super form of this trait which would of course be a completely solid black animal without any markings or colours.I think this project is on the right path, and I believe it's only a matter of time before we see a pure black super form of hypermelanistic womas that are pure black right out of the egg.

...imagine blending the super form of hypermelanism with amelanism (albino)...you'd end up with a completely white animal with pink eyes and pink tongue...that would be something to behold. I still think a solid black woma would be nicer than a white albino, but that's just me ;)
you can't line breed an animal for a specific trait (polygenic gene) to get a hypermelanistic or melanistic animal (recessive gene). if you bred a predominantly black animal that has been line bred for that trait and you bred it to an albino you wouldn't get the animal you are talking about.

Very cool thread!!! The bubs are absolutely lovley.. I have such a soft spot for Womas!! These are exiting :D

these are stunning.i was wondering about this thread the other day.what kinda ratio of dark to normal was there?if you dont mind me asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back