Sydney finally cracks 30 degrees

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamind2010

Reaction score
...and it's the 2nd last day of January :eek:

It's been feeling a lot like October/April for most of summer here.

It appears we've had a very ordinary summer so far, temperature wise. This could be the main reason why some people may have had trouble with some snakes refusing to feed, especially in areas where it can get cold, as not everyone would have expected to have ambient heating in their snake rooms in summer ;)

The lowest temperature in Gosford for January this year was just 10 degrees on the 13th, that's only 2.5 degrees above the lowest on record at 7.5 degrees on the 12th January 1965.

That's the sort of low you'd expect in autumn or spring. That is definitely not normal for the middle of summer :shock:

Sydney finally cracks 30 degrees

I don't know where they got their info from but we have had a few days in the high 30's this summer.Jan 4 was 35C.

Um it's been 31-32c the last 2 days at my house.

Actually max 33c today

I think we've had three days over 30c in the upper blue mountains this summer, it's down right depressing. Drive half an hour down the hill & it's like a different world. As you drive down the mountains the temperature rises by about 1 degree every 5-10kms until you hit Springwood. It's definately not the first time it's cracked 30c this month though so I don't know where they get those figures from.

I don't know where they got their info from but we have had a few days in the high 30's this summer.Jan 4 was 35C.

Same here. It got pretty hot here on January the 4th too, I think it was about 34.8C in Gosford.

I think they were talking about the city. This summer has still been pretty mild compared to most summers.

As long as you maintain your heating within the enclosures the outside temp not (apparently) reaching 30c doesn't matter.

As long as you maintain your heating within the enclosures the outside temp not (apparently) reaching 30c doesn't matter.

True. But ambient heating can help.

My solution was a silver insulation sheeting. The one I use now is 2mm thick and is very lightweight, I will be looking at another thicker heavier type of insulation for the winter months. The insulation I use now is probably fine, but I know there are other forms of sheet insulation that will do a better job than the one I have.

Ambient temps can be maintained with the aid of a oil heater on a thermostat. It could be zero outside but you still should be able to maintain the correct temps. Heating isn't a difficult thing. More often then not in summer the issue is ambient temps being too high. Air con is required in some cases.

Finally cracks 30! Whooo! And just in time for the first day back at school! Ehhh.... noooooo!

What they meant was it cracked 30 in the CBD well at Observatory Hill to be exact, most days its at least 3 - 5 deg hotter anywhere west of homebush so I'm not surprised others in sydney have had days over 30 this summer. Its been a funny old summer though, had a string of really stinking days in mid spring and then as soon as it came it was gone

Well there was at least1 or 2 days overe 30 but its been an exstremly wet summer

My snakes viv maintains the temp we set for it....but on a personal level, don't know if any of you have been noticing our Perth temps over the last week...... H O R R E N D O U S !!!! Soooo, soooo hot...it has to stop sometime. Was a little better today but we're going to get into the high 30s later in the week. I am sooooo sick of it !!

I for one have been enjoying the lack of days over 30 lol, it can stay like that for all care XD.

If everyday is a sunny day.. Whats a sunny day?

This is the most fertile summer we've had for many years in Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back