rc car lovers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- here is my big boy, i got for my 16th birthday last year :D

Attachments

• DSCF1950.jpg
    DSCF1950.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 88
Put a picco .28 in it along with some Losi LST shocks and some RPM arms and that savage will be an absolute beast!! It's something I've wanted to do since I had my last savage.

Put a picco .28 in it along with some Losi LST shocks and some RPM arms and that savage will be an absolute beast!! It's something I've wanted to do since I had my last savage.
lol until the diffs go BANG :lol: that was the only thing that bugged me about my savage - getting diffs to last longer then a few tanks [ and that was with seting the backlash with shims ]

lol until the diffs go BANG :lol: that was the only thing that bugged me about my savage - getting diffs to last longer then a few tanks [ and that was with seting the backlash with shims ]

Truer words have NEVER been spoken haha. I didn't mention it because I thought from the X onward had alloy diff cups. The first tank after break in on my savage with the 3 speed and the crappy nitro star .25 I at the rear diff and continued to do so even with it shimmed! I ended up shimming it to the point that it was locked and packing it with castrol EPL 2, haha.

Anyone got a nice MT they'd trade for my truggy? I don't have the time to race anymore

i had aftermarket alloy diff cups , and housings . they still broken often - i even blew the front and rear at the same time . no jumping needed - my S.H 28 did the job lol

Haha, did you have the Orange head SH? They were wild and fantastically priced.

They were great. Apparently the STS engines made good power too, but they were hit and miss. Still took the savage market by storm, but I never bought one.

I've always wanted an LST2.

You mask the inside and spray the dark colours first, peeling one layer of masking off at a time.

whats everyones thoughts in graphite & alloy parts?

No. No. And No. In most cases....

Alloy bends and transfers the force elsewhere, bent alloy arms result in broken bulkheads and other things.

Alloy parts that ARE good are:

Chassis braces

Diff cups

Hub Carriers

High quality plastic like RPM will always do better in crashes anyway, it's really unlikely to break RPM and they have a lifetime warranty anyway.

really?
i think transfering my rustler VXL over to ALL good quality alloy parts is the best thing ive ever done. i have a alloy bulk head soo yeah.
i needed the weight in the front end anyway cause im running 11.1v 5000 mah Lipos in it. and all it does is ride on the wheelie bar haha the alloy parts weigh it down heaps and make it sit very well.
the motor dosent overheat at all.

anyone know any good american or aussie sites that i can buy online parts for kyosho inferno neo, and robitronic protos v2?

i am aware of tower hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back