in desperate need of help with writting a criteria!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
In Desperate need of help from anyone who may have previously written a selection criteria for a wildlife officer.

So I’m STUCK writing this freaking selection criteria and its due at noon tomorrow, there is 1 question I need help with. Wondering if anyone has an old one I can look at or may have any ideas for me?
I’m absolutely desperate as I want this job, I need this job and I know I can do this job but am screwed with the writing bit lol.
This is the question I’m having issues with -

Demonstrated experience in, or the capability to acquire quickly, team leadership skills to effectively manage the day to day activities of the Wildlife team; including leading and motivating staff, assisting with staff training and development, and providing support to manage the section’s budgets within designated financial expenditure parameters.

If anyone can offer any help please let me know, I’m tearing out my hair LOL

So basically have you done any team leadership stuff? Helped to organise a shift roster, assisted in management work, have you trained staff in other jobs how to use equipment or fulfil their role as new staff, have you had any experience with the financial side of your previous jobs? Note it does say have you 'helped' with these things or have you got any way to show that you are a fast learner and could pick up these skills.
It just wants you to show you can take initiative and work with others in a leadership capacity... not be a lump who has to be told every little task and when to do it.

It sounds very much like they want someone with project management experience for this one. If you have an example of a project that you have been involved in, for exaample a social club event where you were responsible for assigning different tasks to staff members and sticking to a budget then that would be perfect.
If you don't have that sort of example then I would divide this S.C into 2 parts, 1st part provide an example of when you have been part of a team, preferrably when you were the one in charge or the "team leader" and describe how your leadership skills were the key to a successful outcome. Describe what leadership techniques you used such as motivating staff, giving clear insructions to group members, training new team members in procedures by using manuals and training sessions, providing feedback and rewarding good work etc. Or if you were not the team leader, think of a scenario where you were part of a team and describe how the team leader got effective results and that it provided a good example to follow if you were the leader.
2nd part descibe a situation where you were responsible for a budget, example an admin role where you were responsible for ordering stationery and keeping it within a budget, so comparing suppliers and getting the best deal. Or even any clubs or social groups where you were the treasurer.
The key to selection criteria is EXAMPLES EXAMPLES AND MORE EXAMPLES!!!

Good luck!

If you don't have any experience in performing that list of tasks, give examples of other skills that you have acquired in a short period of time. They have left the selection criteria open to examples of other skills by adding "or the capability to acquire quickly".

You can also phone the contact for the position and ask how they would like that question answered, they are sometimes very helpful.

Best of luck with it, I hope you get the position.

There is only three things you need in Victoria to become a wildlife officer:
1st, you must be a failed applicant to the police force.
2nd, parking inspectors are not hiring at the moment.
3rd, you must be a complete a..hole.

If anybody feels like they meet these three criteria, contact DSE as I'm sure they could always use another d...head.
Ads

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back