treating a bite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

intoxicated88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hello every one i was just wondering, how do you get a snake to let go when it bites i can handle a bite i just need to know for reference if i let my little brother hold one. :)

I find that if I dip it's head in water it let's go straight away. Be careful not to drown your snake though.

Many snakes won't let go when immersed. Most zoo departments have a sprayer handy containing a 30-50% solution of metho in water. A quick spray around the mouth and the snake lets go IMMEDIATELY. Better not to get bitten in the first place though.

The only time this happened with my stimmie, I sprayed her with diluted F10. She hates F10 and after three sprays she let go. I don't know if it would work on a bigger, more persistent snake.

There was a good test on this on snakebytes tv.
The best method was to dab a bit of mouthwash on the snakes nose. Dipping in water etc didn't work for them at all

Many snakes won't let go when immersed. Most zoo departments have a sprayer handy containing a 30-50% solution of metho in water. A quick spray around the mouth and the snake lets go IMMEDIATELY. Better not to get bitten in the first place though.

Yep had a Murray Darling i almost drowned trying to get it to let go by putting its head in water .I just use the metho on the nose trick now .

i had a woma latch on and had no intentions of letting go,with no metho handy and water didn't work. i dab mouth wash on it. straight away let go.

My Woma will hang on for 1/2 an hour if I let her. The best method I have found so far is dipping a cotton bud into some Jim Beam and holding that near her nose, lets go straight away. Then I can drink the Jim Beam so we all win.

Yep, womas can be pretty persistent. Mine got me the other day when I was changing the water and wouldn't let go when I put him under the water, even though I didn't keep him there for long. I agree it's best not to get bitten in the first place, but it does happen, so the above tips will be very useful.

i stopped my snake biting by getting a glove sticking cotton buds on it and when he bit me he just let go and now he has not bitten me since

I was told by the reptile demonstrator I bought my woma from to prevent a feeding bite make sure you wash in really smelly soap before handling so you don't smell like food and if you do get bitten then use either hand cream dabbed on the side of the mouth or alcohol to make them let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back