check this out how bad is it.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the 'i nearly stepped on the slimy thing'........YEP, cause we all know how slippery these little suckers can be! :rolleyes:

As I was reading a previous thread on de-beaking I just decided to Google up some pics of snakes eating bird and come across this article. There was no need for them to do this to a poor harmless snake. If you got pics to show of snakes eating much bigger items let's share them on here to show people how much bigger food that they can eat . Snake Swallows Whole Chicken | Dominica Central News
My sister found this coastal battling this brushy in their toddlers bedroom, it then tried to flee out window to nearby tree and fell 2 stories... Still trying to eat this HUGE possum.. And common... the python isnt realy that small either... He gave up eating when wildlife career came to get him..

Attachments

• 185.jpg
    185.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 83
My sister found this coastal battling this brushy in their toddlers bedroom, it then tried to flee out window to nearby tree and fell 2 stories... Still trying to eat this HUGE possum.. And common... the python isnt realy that small either... He gave up eating when wildlife career came to get him..
Poor snake so the wildlife career disturbed it from its feed lol. Good on your siser she done the right thing. Lucky your sister never gave it the shovel over the head.

Here's one closer to home. A wild diamond with what I assume is an adult ring tailed possum judging by the size. I have also caught one that had a bigger lump which I think was a brushtail. It couldn't move with the weight of the food item in it and spent a week at my place before being released after it relieved itself of most of the recycled possum

Attachments

• wilson house etc 021.jpg
    wilson house etc 021.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 51
  • wilson house etc 019.jpg
    wilson house etc 019.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 51
Jean says:
October 24, 2010 at 10:00 am
I had to think twice to read this article. I hate snakes and hate looking at them. They upset me. If I had my way, I would get rid of every snake in Dominica and in the entire world. I wonder why were they created? A question for my – Our Lord Jesus Christ. Hope He answers me.
They climb as well. When I resided in Dominica, as a child, I noticed a young man with a scar on his neck. I asked what happened to him. He told me that he was in his garden and went to get a bunch of bananas and a snake bit him. The snake was in the banana tree. Fortunately, it was not poisonous. If doors are left opened they could enter as well.

what is your problem?snakes are just a part of the natural world,if we destroyed everything just because 1 person disliked them there would be nothing left but desert.Get a life.

Here's one closer to home. A wild diamond with what I assume is an adult ring tailed possum judging by the size. I have also caught one that had a bigger lump which I think was a brushtail. It couldn't move with the weight of the food item in it and spent a week at my place before being released after it relieved itself of most of the recycled possum

i rescued one similar in Kenthurst came out of roof hole ate large brush tail then couldnt get back thru hole found it dehydrated and roasting on the roof, easiest catch and release ever.

look at the teeth on this.

Looks like an ex after my night out with the boys only snakes not so mean looking

Poor snake so the wildlife career disturbed it from its feed lol. Good on your siser she done the right thing. Lucky your sister never gave it the shovel over the head.
Good thing that I got a call at 6 am while I was in tassie and organized a pick up from a wildlife friend! The scary thing was that they brought home a newborn the day earlier..... It was in the other room but was deffs smaller than the possum! Not saying snakey would have but it's not a nice thought. I think that from me owning snakes, it has changed my sisters and her husbands perception of them, that's why they called me befor shooting it or shoveling it over the head! Go awareness! Go!

its good to here that awareness is still getting around ge i dont no how meny peoples mind i changed scince keeping pythons but most of my growing familey now will no heart or desterb the snake in sted i get lots of email from people asking my what sp there found just gose to show that teaching people is the pest protection the both snakes and people can have!

Good thing that I got a call at 6 am while I was in tassie and organized a pick up from a wildlife friend! The scary thing was that they brought home a newborn the day earlier..... It was in the other room but was deffs smaller than the possum! Not saying snakey would have but it's not a nice thought. I think that from me owning snakes, it has changed my sisters and her husbands perception of them, that's why they called me befor shooting it or shoveling it over the head! Go awareness! Go!

If we can make more people aware that will be good they should have more snake awareness focussed on infants in schools so we can teach them and get in into them while they are young.

Oh God that comment is awful...

We raised three baby emus and my friend took them to her farm to live. When they were still just shy of knee high one got taken by a carpet python and was half swallowed. They hassled the snake until it spat it back up and moved off. I had a go at her for robbing the snake of a meal just because she wanted to bury the emu's body. Urgh.

Oh God that comment is awful...

We raised three baby emus and my friend took them to her farm to live. When they were still just shy of knee high one got taken by a carpet python and was half swallowed. They hassled the snake until it spat it back up and moved off. I had a go at her for robbing the snake of a meal just because she wanted to bury the emu's body. Urgh.
I would rather lose my meal than lose my life. At least the snake lives to eat another say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back