Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've often wondered the same thing regarding olives and water pythons, as they're both Liasis. But then I got thinking, who'd want a bad tempered water python the size of an olive?

Someone who thinks Scrubbies are too tame? Haha

Prymal, that just looks like a dark coloured Woma to me but it would be interesting if it is an actual cross

It sounds like hybridisation between varying species for the sake of curiosity or making weird new snakes is a new concept to many of you on this thread. I can assure you that the aforementioned combinations are all tried and done, and in fact in countries like Japan, USA and western European countries even more bizzare cross breeding projects have taken place and are in fact old news! I once found pics from Japan of a clutch of woma x Irian Jaya carpets.... who would of ever thought they could produce a viable clutch???

Sorry Beard it wont let me put it up, I just added it to my albums. Was a pic of someone breeding his IJ to a GTP

I've often wondered the same thing regarding olives and water pythons, as they're both Liasis. But then I got thinking, who'd want a bad tempered water python the size of an olive?

That would be like breeding a scrubby to a gtp (if I'm correct in believing scrubbies are still morelia's? I know they were classified as liasis for a while)

Anyway I'm sure the result would be a very large, fluro devil child!

This is the second thread that I/we haven't been able to see these pics but you can Fay. Is it something to do with your extra moderator privileges or something?

Waht further breeding will you attempt to make colours more definiative. As much as i appreciate what you have done, i do not really find this snake all that attractvie.

Nothing has been done.The animal in the pic I think is a wild specimen.To me it just looks like nothing more than a poor example of a woma.

What have I done ?

Ramsayi
You almost nailed it except it ventral count indicates a possable hybrid ( in the wild thgough like you said)

Last edited:
Nothing has been done.The animal in the pic I think is a wild specimen.To me it just looks like nothing more than a poor example of a woma.

I agree with the poor examply part.

What have I done ?

Ramsayi
You almost nailed it except it ventral count indicates a possable hybrid ( in the wild thgough like you said)
My apologies i thought you had bred it when i first saw post.... I was wrong.

This specimen well exceeds any average or even known length of woma from the Pilbara ( that I know ) and has the body thickness of a BHP.
If any specimen ever looked like a natural hybrid, then this is it in my opinion.

Is fulfilling our curiousity a valid reason to cross breed anything?
While I believe womas and blackheads originated from one line at some stage; that line is now distinctly separated
Unless cross breeding is for the benefit of the breed I cannot support it

have you ever owned a cross breed dog before....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back