Evil? wt?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao ! thats hilarious ! wish i could do something like that ! i hope it happens soon tho im gonna go mental and strangle someone before long ! even my fb page is criticized because friends and family are all linked.. thank god noone is into reptiles around me so at least here i can be as neurotic as my galah and it doesnt do the rounds and come back and bite me !

Just think of the wonderful parent you are - embracing and supporting your childs individuality.
There's lots more I could say but once I start it's hard to stop. ( I grew up with a similar parent to your outlaw).

Well my fathers olds decided it was to hard to see me after my mother left him for sleeping with way to many other people (yep men 2) Mum was so young and had no idea till she walked in on him. But they decided it made them to sad to see me. So I never got to know them and thats there loss! They passed away some time ago now but all his side of the family, the very little I know, all think my mum and I are crazy due to the fact we love the outdoors and animals. I did inform my half sister (same dad) I had a snake and she told our fathers family and was told "Well she is the crazy child. She will be going to hell for that." My sister then said to them "Gee Im glad Im like my mother then. In our world the bible/god said not to judge others." Our fathers side of the family is very into going to church etc.

On the plus side mum married the best man in the world, my step dad who is my true dad in my eyes! And he is the one who got me into snakes in the first place! So if im going to hell due to my love of reptiles then there are a lot of us going there!!!! As for my boyfriends family, they think its a bit crazy but figure its me so thats normal!! hahahaha!!! Steve's mum just stays away from the room Charli is in and thats fine.

Not quite the same thing but my GF's parents dislike me to some extent and as far as enough for the dad to say " don't date one boy, just date as many as you can to find a good one " i was like gee thanks haha

My family sucks so I can understand how your daughter feels

My mum's mum is an evil rotten-cored soggy-arsed pokie-loving cow and I am so glad that I have completely distanced myself from her and to my mum's credit, she has alowly doing the same. She has always batt one child off with the other (my mum has 2 brothers) and it took them decades to finally see what that low scum of a woman was doing to the family.

I appreciate that my mum, and my partners parents are so lovely and all of my extended family get on really well.

What I REALLY HATE is parents and grandparents using money as a form of bargaining. They use it to exert power and it would be so lovely if you were financially in a position to say "f#ck off love!" and distance yourself from anyone causing you stress.

Some people are afraid to be a little lonely without the support of family and the likes, but when they are unhealthy and horrible, I say get rid of them!

I'd be more pissed off with hubby not having the balls to stand up for his wife and child.
It shouldn't be your job to put your MIL in her place.
Tell him to grow a pair.

I'd be more pissed off with hubby not having the balls to stand up for his wife and child.
It shouldn't be your job to put your MIL in her place.
Tell him to grow a pair.

that also comes with the "you ungrateful child" thing and out goes any balls he does/did have, + the added bonus of guilt
it's not exactly that simple

Some of the discriptions of mother in/out laws is cracking me up funny stuff . My out laws arnt to bad , the MIL hates the sight of snakes but will walk past and cover her eyes :) . I do find it funny how my wifes grandma still asks " Oh you still have that tattoo " nearly every time we see her lol

A sad example of man's inhumanity to man. Whether related by marriage or by blood, you have a right to expect to be treated civilly and shown respect. That right exists as long as you do nothing to invalidate it.

Those that state reptiles are evil, let alone if they believe it, are absolutely living in the dark ages. In fact, I would suggest that they would need to yawn very widely indeed just to see the light of day.

Prophecies of religious damnation because one has an affinity for snakes really are over the top. The serpent copped a bad wrap in the Garden of Eden and we are still hearing about it!! No-one mentions apples or the part they played.

If only these self-proclaimed religious knowledgeables took a longer, harder look at the bible, they would clearly see the recurrent message is to love your fellow man. And that is love in the true sense of the word – what you DO for others.

Where individuals in a position of influence are spiteful to your children, that is one of the lowest of the low. You would be well justified in choosing your best string of explicatives and letting them have it with both barrels. Unfortunately, any lack of civility is guaranteed to be used against you to strengthen the argument you are headed the wrong way. Therefore, your only recourse is rational argument.

The devil took the form of a serpent, yet all snakes are 'evil'? Does it include Blind Snakes? Do you know how many thousands of different snakes there are? Do you know that lots of them do not have fangs and therefore do not inject venom? Had he taken the form of a dove, would we feel the same animosity to all doves? If God is responsible for creating all creatures, how come he made one group "evil"? Are sharks evil? Bears? Lions and tigers? Do you know that snakes help keep mice and rat numbers in check and without them we would get lots more rodent plaques?...etc Ask the right questions and her ignorance (perhaps arrogance... or both) will shine through for your child to see.

Plan B is easier and based on the simple premise: If she gives you the sheets, you are entitled to do likewise to her. A teaspoon of Epsom Salts in her coffee should do the trick...

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
A teaspoon of Epsom Salts in her coffee should do the trick

A funny/great conclusion, i agree with Blue 100%.

I have absolutely no idea how she can justify a lizard as being evil and not any other animal, she may even have a pet of her own & if so perhaps you should start claiming it is evil with a similar tone i'd assume that she'd have spoken in & no explanation. For the matter of the Gothic-themed room everyone is entitled to their opinions, hobbies, beliefs... & so on lets just sum it up as (life) though i guess you could merely ignore your mother-in laws entirely & perchance over time she may give in/up and stop expressing/imposing her opinion on everyone else.

Obviously you care more about your daughter in this over any thing else, so i believe you need to sit down and have a chat with her and simply explain that Grandma "comes from a different era" i suppose (though that is a white-lie i wouldn't think you'd want anymore angst in allusion of the two) your daughter will grow up to see the truth through your eyes & respect her Grandma for her opinions and move on with her own life.

simply explain that Grandma "comes from a different era"

Im rather lucky, my MIL is the best! But my own mother......thats a different story, & as mentioned above, when my kids ask me what is wrong with her, i make sure they know it isnt anything they have done, grandma is just a bit sick in the head' :? Maybe the different era thing is better for you to try though! :lol:

I wouldn't put it down to the era she comes from, because that lumps all older people in the same boat. Just let the daughter know that the old girl isn't wired the same as the rest of us. She has a few roos loose in the top paddock. One stubby short of a six pack. The big cog is missing a few teeth. Both oars are not in the water...

Blue

Well I had a little talk with my daughter and within an hr my mil is back over here ranting on about my other lizards, and why am i not producing more grandchildren etc etc.. she decides to sit my nine year old (the daughter in question here) and have a chat with her so she can see her mother is a demon etc.. all my daughter says is 'oh grandma mummy does love you, she told me before she wants to sew you some new clothes' my mil is curious and asks further 'oh its really nice grandma she said it has long sleeves that tie in a knot at the back'.. needless to say she left with steam pouring out her ears before i had the chance to fit her straight jacket.. wonderful children arent they lol

Just politely tell her you are trying to see it from her point of view but you cannot get your head up your a#$% that far..

My mum is like that....I grew up in a Christian household (ministers son) and thats why I reject organised religion in any shape or format....They are far too judgemental. She still sticks her nose in everywhere and redresses the younger kids when they come around cos she doesnt like the clothes they choose (not us) to wear. She still tries to meddle in everyones lives...nothing you can do unless you want to totally alienate yourself and family from her...just let her rave on and dont try and antagonise them..cos then you will get the "Allan Jones said this...." speech..even tho he is a suspect character at best...a guy who hangs around public toilets etc is always suspect

"religion is like a penis..its fine to have one..its fine to be proud of it...but pls dont whip it out and start waving it around...and please dont shove it down my childrens throats"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back