First blood - he now has teeth :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12-08-67

Reaction score
Well it had to happen sooner or later but instead of taking the rat he took my finger and proceeded to do a death roll, after a few minutes and realising he was not going to let go i had to bribe him to release me with the original target, he looked up at me as if to say oh sorry and then grab the rat and never skipped a beat. Am so glad my first bite wasn't from an adult python as i doubt i would have been laughing

Attachments

• 2012-02-02 06.50.18.jpg
    2012-02-02 06.50.18.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 68
****, crank out the antiseptic and bandages ;p

I love the little hatchies when they mistake you they're so cute trying to engulf your finger.

Quick - call 000 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gotta love it when the little fellas have a go - they think they're heros, but are really complete woosses. I think eating you would be a bit ambitious.............:lol::lol:

i will put a sign up on his enclosure "dangerous animal - feed at own risk" no that he is blooded.
definately going to get tongs now or extra long tailed rats :)

Its always fun when you get to feeding rabbits. They have no tail as such, and the python is generally very large.

****, crank out the antiseptic and bandages ;p

I love the little hatchies when they mistake you they're so cute trying to engulf your finger.

Sorry if its of topic but if you get bitten can you get infection or not what do you do just wash it of or use antiseptic please no silly replies just serious replies thanks guys.

When I fed the hatchies last night, two grabbed the tongs instead. I hope I didn't knock any teeth out when I slowly pulled away the tongs! At least they wrapped the fuzzies instead of the tongs...

For Kingsirloin - hold the rabbit by the back leg with a big pair of BBQ tongs! I imagine you'd just had to do this for your Bredl girl after her new clutch! I hold all rats by the back legs because it is awkward when the tails deglove.

BTW (for the noobs) tongs allow you to present a young mouse head first and without intimidating the baby by having a big hand approach. With a big snake, they are purely for your protection.:)

Sorry if its of topic but if you get bitten can you get infection or not what do you do just wash it of or use antiseptic please no silly replies just serious replies thanks guys.

Yeah you can get infections from python bites, or any animal bite that draws blood for that matter who knows what bacteria they carry in there saliva. I treat my wounds with benadiene best stuff for keeping wounds sterile, and my tetanus shots are up to date.

not sure if i am correct but as with any animal bite (except this on - paper cuts are worse :) infection can happen, though i would think captive pythons have cleaner mouths than most domestic animals.

Yeah you can get infections from python bites, or any animal bite that draws blood for that matter who knows what bacteria they carry in there saliva. I treat my wounds with benadiene best stuff for keeping wounds sterile, and my tetanus shots are up to date.

not sure if i am correct but as with any animal bite (except this on - paper cuts are worse :) infection can happen, though i would think captive pythons have cleaner mouths than most domestic animals.
thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back