Rough Scaled Pythons soon to be available overseas!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perth Zoo has sent a number of them to a few zoo's in England.
It was hard enough for wildlife parks here in WA to get some from the Perth Zoo before they exported them...

Obviously the zoos in England had more to offer as in cash or trade, its wrong they can export them but a charity based herp society cant. Imagine what England zoos will pay for oenpellies

Rarest Aussie python? One of the rarest in the world? Hmmm

Whats not rare about them?? Tell me how you go out there lookin for them on a herp trip. They've only been in captivity a short time and there's not as many as everyone seems to think. Sure there's enough to support the market now but there's not as many as half the species around.

There has only been 10 records of them in the wild, that's got to be one rare Python ;)
Being only found in some of the most remote places in Aus, what do you expect.

Conservation status aside, there was a fair bit of hype and media attention surrounding them last decade. It truely was a marvellous achievement by John Weigel to collect and breed them (along with associated colleagues) for both institutions and the private keeper alike. It was gobsmaking to watch them start at $24,000 a pair to drop several years later to the current lowest advertised prices at $350 each juvenile. At the end of the day I have seen a few keepers have them for a couple of years just to realise they are just another captive python to feed, clean and house so move onto other projects. Unless they really grab your imagination and flare your passion, they are just that. We all have our staple favourites and roughies will claim a few keepers for years to come.

Whats not rare about them?? Tell me how you go out there lookin for them on a herp trip. They've only been in captivity a short time and there's not as many as everyone seems to think. Sure there's enough to support the market now but there's not as many as half the species around.

Keep calm friend. I was not saying they are common as doggy doo. I was posing a question as to whether those are true statements. Hence my question marks.

Actual rarity and being in a remote location are two very different things.

A b & e @ the zoo(London) or a mystery death or deaths and they are in Europe, if not already.
.......solar 17 (baden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back