Afraid of been bitten!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessh88

Reaction score
Okay I have bought my first SWCP it is a yearling, I have him settling into a tub and know not to hold for a few days. Anyways I'm afraid that when the time comes to hold him that he will turn around and bite me, iv heard from heaps of people that there bites don't hurt and all the rest. I think it's just the waiting for my first bite that is worrying me.
What's everyone's thoughts on snake.
Ps he is my 3rd snake iv got 2 Stimys but they are gentle :)

Its a shock more then anything, a yearling might draw blood but its no worse then a scratch. If you think your going to get bite you will. Snakes pick up you on your nerves and shakey hands and are more likely to turn around and bite. Be calm and confident and you'll be fine. When you do get tagged and it will happen at one point or another, just goes with the territory, you'll say to yourself was that it? what was i so worried about

bite him first :) its a dominance thing.

seriously tho if you use the search bar at the top right corner of the page. there are multiple threads on scarred of being bitten and what to do
Good luck and your first bite is always exciting :)

I got tagged by my brother's adult male diamond. Luckily he got a mouthful of jacket sleeve :p

I think most people are more scared of the shock than anything else. You'll get more confident as you do it more. I shake more when I'm feeding my baby beardie than I do when I'm holding the snakes. I hate freaking Ajax out :(

as a person who has been bitten hundreds of times now, bloody jungle pythons, their are many ways to avoid being bitten as mentioned above on another thread, but really most time its just a little love scratch, but when they latch on its a bugger, but i get bitten because i just grab my snakes out without a hook, good practices will make gettin bitten a rare thing. and learning to read your snake is the most important. just grit your teeth take the first bite and you will be ok then, good luck.

It is no more likely to bite you than your 2 stimmies, you're worrying yourself for no reason haha.

I was told....when you have a snake, it's not... IF .... you will get bitten, but WHEN !! No, it's not pleasant, but I think kittens and puppies hurt more. Like others have said...it's the shock, because they are so darn fast...it happens before you know it, and then you think.....oh shyt...!!! But it that's the worst pain or thing that ever happens to you....you ain't got much to worry about mate. ;) Mind you, try and avoid it if you can.

best thing to do is reach straight in there and pick him up and dont hesitate, the first time he sees you hesitat thats when he will bite you, or buy yourself a snake hook:)

stimmie (calm as)...bredli (calm as)...JUNGLE!!!! like a kitten once out and never bites...put your hand in his viv and BAMMM...so i just hook him out...they all have different temperaments ...my jungle bit me when i was closing enclosure and i thought wow that was close....10 mins later im walking round house leaving a blood trail...lol...they r so quick on a defensive strike that most times u dont even notice it...best to turn away if u thing u guna get bitten and take whats coming...all will be fine ha ha GL

being bitten is part of owning a snake. the shock of being bitten is worse than the bite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back