Awkward Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poggle

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased new catch and release kits of a reputable seller. This was done in Novermber last year. I have not seen the items, nor my money back. I have been attempting to contact them for a while now and left messages, emails, FB messages, Messages on here, to no avail. I am wondering if this has happened to any one else and what steps they have taken. I will not name the seller, but this is getting ridiculous, i am getting plenty of callouts and need this new GEAR LAST YEAR!

What would people suggest doing?

Name and shame, or be polite about it ask if anyone knows this member and if so ccould they please pass on a message.

Did he provide you with a tracking number for the product or have you had no contact after handing over the money?
Is it a registered Business with an ABN?

Did he provide you with a tracking number for the product or have you had no contact after handing over the money?
Is it a registered Business with an ABN?

Paid via pay pal. They are a registered business. They have been active on this thread and via FB since then. Thats why i put down akward, as i do not want to upset them by naming and shaming, but i am in the middle of purchasing my own elapids, as well as being run off my feet with my DMP that i need the gear. I am looking to buy else where but i either want the money back or gear before i purchase from someone else.

Open a dispute on Paypal, they're usually pretty reasonable about stuff like that and you will probably get your money back. =)

yeah i would try a paypal dispute but you might want to try it quickish as i know they have a time limit on these thigs but maybe they will help you ....

If its who I think it is then I am sure there is a valid reason. Not that this helps you immediately. Keep trying as they may realise that maintaining responsibility goes a long way no matter what the cirumstances.

open a dispute, any problems they might have are THEIR problems not yours and you should not have to sit and twiddle your thumbs until they get their acts together

it takes nothing to contact you, answer your emails etc and let you know whats going on regardless of THEIR circumstances

you have been more then patient with them, though i would send them one last email telling them unless there is immediate contact YOU will escalate the action

let paypal wake them up

not sure if its the same place but i had to continually chase my kit up and took over 4 weeks and didnt come complete (no bandages) and got no response when i contacted them via eamil or about it serveral times over, a shame as its such a great kit to use but due to all the hassel wont recommend them now, still waiting on a certificate that never came too :(

Thanks all for your advice... I will be giving them one last effort via all their contact and see if i get some form of response. If not i will take actions further.

not sure if its the same place but i had to continually chase my kit up and took over 4 weeks and didnt come complete (no bandages) and got no response when i contacted them via eamil or about it serveral times over, a shame as its such a great kit to use but due to all the hassel wont recommend them now, still waiting on a certificate that never came too :(

Shame the certificate never came... This is very important, i am assuming it was a vens handling cert? I would chase this up if you could.

If they have a registered ABN and you have the situation documented you can lodge a complanit free of charge with the Department Of Fair Trading. They will follow up the issue on your behalf.
The company can also get fined for having unacceptable business conduct

Thanks all for your advice... I will be giving them one last effort via all their contact and see if i get some form of response. If not i will take actions further.

Shame the certificate never came... This is very important, i am assuming it was a vens handling cert? I would chase this up if you could.

Open a PayPal dispute immediately, you can always cancel it when you receive your items. As mentioned before, if you leave it too long you will have no course of action to take. You might also find opening up a Dispute will get the seller responding quickly!

unfortunately because it have given the seeler so long to try and resolve this issue it looks like i can not dispute it. :( if the seller does not follow through then i have just wasted a few hundred dollars.

Didn't PayPal let you lodge the dispute? Don't give up. Email PayPal and explain the situation and see if that gets you anywhere. Your options don't end there. If you paid via PayPal using a credit card you could dispute the transaction with your bank (although I'm pretty sure PayPal won't like this.) Also try Consumer Affairs or Fair Trading or whatever it's called in Queensland. I'm sure they will have a fact sheet on their website about this kind of situation and would be happy to advise you if you call them.

If you bought it through ebay open n ebay dispute - they give you more time

In the meantime, i can sell you a safe, Australian made bag that will fit most hoops, and a strong Aussie made field hook if youre interested.
Will be posted on the day of payment,,or next working day.
I hate it when this happens Pog, hope you get satisfaction mate.

In the meantime, i can sell you a safe, Australian made bag that will fit most hoops, and a strong Aussie made field hook if youre interested.
Will be posted on the day of payment,,or next working day.
I hate it when this happens Pog, hope you get satisfaction mate.

Since starting this thread the seller has now contacted me and stated he will follow htis up. I am un able to put the dispute through due to time restraints etc etc. I have ordered another hook and pinner via another seller i have always used in Tas. I was going to contact you baz... I may still be chasing some bags. Will see what follows, you may hear from me very soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back