Hugging my wrist ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake007

Reaction score
Hey guys & girl I have just got a male hypo coastal about 3-5 days no and have had him out and he wraps around my wrist and like hugs it's well he doesn't try and stop blood moving through lol but he puts a bit of pressure . The thing is I all so have a female she has never done this but she has started doing it ever since he has done it to me (both feed an both are not striking at me). Just though they are smelling the other snake ??

Well there wrapped around my wrist like 2 times she is about 70cms long still a baby so I don't no maybe it's just weird she has only started since the new male did it

I was just wondering if its the snake smelling the other snake or something like that

Last edited:
Just holding on. Ever see a snake wrap around a tree branch same thing.

There is a notable difference between just hanging on and hugging. Some of mine do it and I can only imagine that maybe they are trying to soak up some body warmth.

Yer that crossed my mind cause his cage was around 28-30

my diamond did it yesterday, normally when nervous she just craps everywhere, but yesterday i gave her a soak and handle while cleaning enclosure etc...

She held on to my wrist and then when i walked with her into a completely dark room she basically went '***!!!' where am I type of then and started strangling my arm, first time ever done it kinda freaked me out a little lol... turned the light on and she let go, she did it a few more times I think was just a worried thing.. normally they have good concept of how hard they need to grasp just to climb around.

alot of snakes do it because they can feel your pulse in your wrist aparently it makes them feel safe or somthing thats just what ive heard, alot of snakes will do it

A warm pulse makes them feel safe? o_O Most of my snakes will do it when they're hungry. I suspect it's a kind of feeding response (wrapping tighter around a living item?), and sometimes they try to bite after xD

Perhaps this is what my snake did last night, after I reacted with a bit of a shock after watching him attempt to bite me I shoved him and my hand straight into his enclosure where he continued to wrap around me not particularly fast and not particularly tight... perhaps part food response, part nerves after my sudden reaction?? Maybe he just missed me cause I had been away for a few days for work ;)

Put up a post about it last night...

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/weird-179728/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back