smallest turtle you can buy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeyy

Reaction score
hey guys i am just wondering whats the smallest full sized turtle i am able to get? or anything small

Emydura macquarii "dharra ".......Macleay river turtle........others will have found otherwise, but I have found these quite difficult to keep

Years ago you used to be able to buy penny turtles from pet shops,even in NSW, but I think now they have became extinct.:( :lol::lol:

Years ago you used to be able to buy penny turtles from pet shops,even in NSW, but I think now they have became extinct.:( :lol::lol:

I think penny turtle was an incorrect name for a whole number of turtles(including the Macleay River), hence the name no longer being used.

I think penny turtle was an incorrect name for a whole number of turtles(including the Macleay River), hence the name no longer being used.

He was joking. Penny turtles was just a name used to sell hatchling tutles. Like all Australian turtles (the ones that are easily obtainable anyway) they got big.

He was joking. Penny turtles was just a name used to sell hatchling tutles. Like all Australian turtles (the ones that are easily obtainable anyway) they got big.

Right, sarcasm, a form of humour I love to employ, pity its so hard to get across on the net.

yeh macleays are what i found to be the smallest was just checkin if use knew something i didnt
thanks

no, the currency changed.
Smallest turtle you can buy though would be a hatchling.

There are a couple of other options that are relatively small...
Flat-shelled Turtle (Chelodina steindachneri) grow to a max of 20 cm carapace length
North-west Red-faced Turtle (Emydura australis) to a max of around 16 cm carapace length.

no, the currency changed.
Smallest turtle you can buy though would be a hatchling.
Well if we go with the available currency they would have to be called "Twenty-cent turtles". Just doesn't have the same ring about it, does it? A thought... You might have to call the 'Saw Shell' youngsters the "Fifty-cent turtles".

Blue

Western swamp if you have the cash

There are a couple of other options that are relatively small...
Flat-shelled Turtle (Chelodina steindachneri) grow to a max of 20 cm carapace length
North-west Red-faced Turtle (Emydura australis) to a max of around 16 cm carapace length.

Well if we go with the available currency they would have to be called "Twenty-cent turtles". Just doesn't have the same ring about it, does it? A thought... You might have to call the 'Saw Shell' youngsters the "Fifty-cent turtles".

Blue

Not sure on australis.....very limited info on average scl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back