Gas help please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kakariki

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
We're about to set up our own rat feeder system & I thought I'd throw you lot some curly questions. We have bought 2 females & 1 male, currently kept together in a 4ft tank but we'll separate the girls from the boy soon. 2 girls will share a 3ft tank & the boy will have a 2 ft tank to himself. The young will be removed at 4 weeks from mum & grown in the 4 ft tank till D-Day. Is that housing adequate? How many rats does 1 gas cylinder deal with? What is the ideal size for the gassing box? Does anyone who is doing it have any tips for us? That will do for starters though I'm sure there will be more, lol

The housing size sounds adequate. Do you mean a soda stream cylinder? They last for ages. Look at the sticky in DIY section called CO2 Gas Chamber Instructions. That might help

Yep, the ss cylinders. I'll go check the sticky, thanks.

i have 3 females 1 male per tub all the time a male will not kill his own babies only another males that way you get much more babies by the time you take the young from the female she will be having another litter already because the male has got her pregnant again so there is not need to separate them. 4 weeks is early to take the young from the mum if your not basing them straight away some time they die. get a account with boc its like 13 dollars a month for a nice sized gas tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back