Renewing licence what a joke

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Geeza

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Been working away for a while and come back and yes my licence has run out....rang them and spoke to a young girl that really come on does she know anything...they wont fast track anything and where the hell was my reminder?? want to buy some hatchies at castle hill this week and they say it will take 21 days even tho i paid my renewal via online...what is going on ffs....dont have this problem wiv me fishing licence...any one in the same boat here cause im still guna try buy at the weekend or ill deposit and pick up snakes when the government gets off there A r s e s

Yeah you should still be able to buy animals as long as you have yourdetails and number with you

i was over 60 days late renewing it so she said i could not do it online but i managed but it does state that i cant buy till i recieve but im taking my old no. wiv me and i have a print out saying ive re applied...c how i go

Explain your situation and ask the dealer not to send away the confirmation of the sale until your new license has come through i'm sure they'll understand.

NPWS are terribly slack on this sort of thing, I've been in the same boat with import licenses. Want to buy a snake, got a license, great. Now you just have to wait three weeks. *facepalm*

Worst case, throw a deposit on the reps you're after, and pick them up (or put paperwork through) when everything is in order with NPWS.

However, what's the age and gender of the person you spoke to got to do with you letting your license lapse? Certainly not her fault.

Wasnt nothing personal to her but i did ask her various questions regarding licence and import papers i had and she really couldnt help me so i asked to be put through to someone that could help me and she just answered there was nothing she could do....just renew your licence and wait.....so helpfull not ...of which just shows they really do not have everything in place but are quick enough to take are money...it just dont make sence to y there rules r so strict yet cant answer the questions

Funny how we all try to do it through the right channels and it seems such a struggle yet most of us would probably know or have herd of someone that never gets a licence or has ilegal snakes...thats what annoys me more

Last edited:
Don,t blame the present NSW Govt, for...these petty clerks...The reason they are there, is because they are not answerable to anyone, don,t have to try hard.in their employnent;don,t have to please anyone.How long would they last in employment in thre Private sector Truth is they would never get a job in the private sector..They are there , not to do a decent job,, but to live off your taxes without trying..There are just so many of them...............and we have 2 beautiful nouns in our language, which perfectly describes them

Don,t blame the present NSW Govt, for...these petty clerks...The reason they are there, is because they are not answerable to anyone, don,t have to try hard.in their employnent;don,t have to please anyone.How long would they last in employment in thre Private sector Truth is they would never get a job in the private sector..They are there , not to do a decent job,, but to live off your taxes without trying..There are just so many of them...............and we have 2 beautiful nouns in our language, which perfectly describes them

I wouldnt put all govt employees in the same boat

i renewed mine in december, after i realised it had expired in october,..i rang cos i hadnt recieved a letter and the old number wasnt working,... and the numbers were different!!

i paid online and havent recieved any paperwork,....(the transaction went thru) did she say they send something out?

dont worry, i still dont have my book back from last year, its gonna be due again before i get it!!

i have never had a problem with them... my license expired Oct 31 2011,
i new it was expiring so i just renewed online at the beginning of October(had to email npws for a renewal number). i received the license in the mail about 2 weeks after i renewed it.

local ranger here told me that they were NO longer going to notify people that they need to reapply for licenses or even when it was time to hand in the books, though now this is done online and should be automatic

guess they believe were all adults and as such should know when they are due for renewal and can do it all by ourselves

local ranger here told me that they were NO longer going to notify people that they need to reapply for licenses or even when it was time to hand in the books, though now this is done online and should be automatic

guess they believe were all adults and as such should know when they are due for renewal and can do it all by ourselves

Very well said...maybe he need a job with long hrs working away and 6 kids to think about...(it slipped my mind amongst other things so sry)

Very well said...maybe he need a job with long hrs working away and 6 kids to think about...(it slipped my mind amongst other things so sry)
I have a copy of mine in the herp room, every time I clean/feed/water I see it and the expiry do I don't forget. Same goes with other things ie fishing license is stuck on front of rod cabinet so I see it every time I walk past.

As bad as the situation is, managers in govt sector are delegating more work onto the lower pay grades without any additional employees or time to manage it.

im hearin ya! i have been trying to get my licence transferd into my name from my mums, after several emails i didnt get a reply of a new licence,
so i rang them and what a suprise, i got a lady who could hardly speak a word of english, so mum sent them a very 'nice' email the other day. haha

would appear as per usual the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing, my reminder never appeared, one person told me ,yes, you should get a reminder sent out, another person in the same dept told me i should have got an e-mail, sadly it is the case of ALL goverment agencies are the same......imo

Steve.

Stuff um ...im guna buy snakes at the weekend cause ive paid my renewal and its them thats the problem...pay all this money and for what i ask????? OVER IT!!!!

Ive been waiting 6 weeks for my licence... i have rang them MANY times, they tell me that they have a backlog because of the Christmas break...

i want to do it online but im afraid that as soon as i do it they will charge me twice... trusting my luck!

what do we do to get a few of us into these roles then? few people in the positions with actual knowledge of the situation is never a bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back