Big black cats ( panther) Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over a life time most people will see something that they can`t explain.
I`m with cement,I have seen things that I have no explaintion for either
and would not talk about to just anyone.Both here in Aus and OS.I`m sure there are others aswell.
It`s up to the individial to make up their own mind.

Firstly I never said skeptics are naive or close minded. A skeptic is someone who is SKEPTICAL, to me that is thinking "well it COULD be possible, however, based on current information/evidence (or lack thereof) I highly doubt it" this is still considering the possibility that it could be true is it not, even if you come to the conclusion that it's unlikely??

No, the "black and white, narrow minded" people I have referred to are those who think they know everything and aren't willing to even consider other possibilities.. The people that flat out claim that "this doesn't exist", evidence or no evidence. So I would appreciate not being misquoted on the whole "skeptic" thing anymore please

An as for Iguanas in Darwin I wouldn't beleive you because I couldn't find evidence otherwise, nor would I assume it was a mistaken identity.. I would beleive that it was entirely possible you were telling the truth, because hey stranger things have happened. I wouldn't make a definite decision one way or the other based on one piece of information, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

I assumed you were referring to sceptics because that is what i see in this thread. I don't see any of the 'black and white, narrow minded' people you are referring too.

Also, keeping your mind open to the possibility is different to assuming something is there until proven other wise.

Surprised none have connected the dots jus yet, It's simply a goverment conspircy :/

Swamp wallabies have big long black tails, combined with the way they move, probably get mistaken for panthers all the time.

When I was a young chap I subscribed to the CSIROs science magazine (for kids). It was a long time ago that I read the article in it, but it claimed that around the 80s (i think) exotic pet laws in Australia changed, and it became extremely expensive and difficult to keep big cats (it was expensive to begin with but MUCH more expensive), so rather than put them down some people just released them to let them live the rest of their days free.

Now obviously not many people owned big cats, and its interesting if this story the case, because I imagine they should all be dead by now, as it seems very unlikely so few would be able to meet and breed.

myxomatosis killed 99% of rabbits where I lived in the 60s. The few survivors had the population back in no time. Where there's a will there's a way. I still think the sightings are big ferals and the eaten cows and the like dog or pig attacks.
That is all.

myxomatosis killed 99% of rabbits where I lived in the 60s. The few survivors had the population back in no time. Where there's a will there's a way. I still think the sightings are big ferals and the eaten cows and the like dog or pig attacks.
That is all.

The only thing with the attacks on the cow's that I can't figure out is the scratch marks on the cows hide.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if 2 black leapords breed do u only get black offspring or spotted and black. Have tried to google it but no good. Only reason is why do people only see black leapords why not normal ones.
I figure with the amount of game cameras guys lay out these days if they are out there someone would have got a happy snap by now.

Saw this one taking a swim the other day.

panther.png

the black ones ....... I photographed this one just out of Mareeba.

i-6B6R8BC-M.jpg

I was fortunate enough to snap a pic of one during the 6th at dapto dogs.

greyhound-racing-41674.jpg

I found it :lol:

Attachments

• Panther.jpg
    Panther.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 399
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back