Got this in my mail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Notice how they change "dogs and cats, being overenthusiastic murders of our native wildlife" to "dogs and cats being naturally curious" :shock: Other than that the advice is sound

images_Snake-season_02.jpg

images_Snake-season_03.jpg

the only other thing u would want to see on the above is : if you do happen to see a snake , call a snake catcher .

i wish they would just put a placid gorgous alibno or something instead of a snake ready to strike!

Was this just a friendly reminder? Or did something else come with this?

I think that's actually a great response.
Most dog owners aren't very fond of snakes, I was impressed considering some of the other articles on snakes I have seen..
I was expecting another very melodramatic and irrational response claiming that snakes are evil, vicious creatures...
It said people should call a catcher if they see one, to stay away from snakes, not to try and kill them etc.
They probably didn't have to use a pissed off EB for a picture, but still, a good article.

Is is possible to get you dogs snake trained? As in trained to stay away from a snake if they see one.
It would save a lot of dogs, and or course native reptiles..
I reckon something like that should be included in puppy schools or obedience schools..

this time I agree with the snake and it's pose, it's referring to snake bites and what to do if envenomated (sp?)

they could help further by showing pictures of venomous snakes in both placid and strike pose to give people and idea of what they are looking at, any education is still education, after all it does say "keep a watchful eye on your four legged pet" just as it says "don't panic as most venomous snake will not bite unless provoked or cornered"

oh and JAS101 it does infact mention leave it alone and call a professional snake handler, just lacking the info' for where to get the numbers.

I look at that picture and I see a girl, her dog and her brown snake enjoying the sun.

I think its quite a good leaflet. For the average joe it could actually work!!

the only other thing u would want to see on the above is : if you do happen to see a snake , call a snake catcher .

it does say that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back