agh joys of permits :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglelove

Reaction score
just thought id share the joys of moving reptiles interstate.

so ive decided to fly my snakes to Brisbane from SA but the will be living in NSW, so i rang all the national parks guys and i need an export permit for SA an eport permitt for QLD (even tho they will only be in QLD 3hrs max!) and an inport permit for NSW :D

it will be the same if i drove but it would be SA Vic and NSW! lol

oh and dont forget to change my licence over to nsw too. :)

Could always drive up through SA and straight into NSW... lol

In practice permits are only administrative. If you have a permit to move animals from SA to NSW and they cross Victoria and Queensland on the way no-one will even know or care. It happens all the time at border towns. Northern NSW use AAE Coolangatta. Albury residents pick animals up from Melboune, or maybe see a vet in Wodonga.The beaurocracy cant be that stupid!

Actually you only need a permit for the final destination even if there is a short stop over due to flights, we do this all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a saltie sent from queensland a couple of years ago landing in Mt gambier SA, my address is just over the border in Victoria. The sender insisted that I have permission from SA authorities for the animal to be in that state for the very short time necessary. I can see that this is not really a stop over though, but rather the final destination as far as AAE are concerned.
Must say I have never had any problems with Victorian or SA permits being issued.

We travel throughout Sa, VIC, NSW QLD and NT, with this in mind you often have to enter one state, stop over for a few hours, then fly on......so long as the animals are not leaving the airport, it is called a transfer of cargo and no permit for that state is required as they are not staying in that state.....if you read the permit forms they all want to know two things, sellers address and buyers address, there is no space for stop overs and they DON'T CARE.

They want to know where the animal will be residing, that's all!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back