Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The day befor i was supost to compete in the dirt drags i was heading to a mates farm, got a speeding fine on the way, that arvo i crossed up jumping my dirtbike, 100ft goin sideways :/ ended up with a shatterd elbow, after my mate droped me at the hospital an hour away he was headin back when he hit a roo and wrote his ute off. What a crappy weekend, now i only have 60% movement of my rite arm, and its full if arthritus due to a shatters wrist broken sholder and stabed all in the same arm:( sht happens

My son was "unwell" when he was born and i couldn't nurse him for some time.
My daughter was born alive and healthy and l am blessed to have both of my kids. Sara was a miricle as l was told l would never carry another child after Jack.

Do you have kids?

my name is jack and i came out fine in under 2 hours of labour.

I accidentally flew through the middle of the World Rowing Championships with a 350ci skiboat at full noise with the name "Pocket Rocket" written down the sides of it. You'd think they would have placed notices at the launching ramps :lol: :p ....I wasn't very popular with the rowers that morning :)

I accidentally flew through the middle of the World Rowing Championships with a 350ci skiboat at full noise with the name "Pocket Rocket" written down the sides of it. You'd think they would have placed notices at the launching ramps :lol: :p ....I wasn't very popular with the rowers that morning :)

I'd have thought they'd appreciate the wake:)

:lol: You should have seen the poor buggers. It was the World Masters rowing championships on the Brisbane river. There was wake a mile high and fists being shaken at me everywhere. I mean it's quite intimidating considering I had 600+ horses on tap and they had oars :lol:

I drove a 10 foot tinnie with a 10hp rattler through a surf life saving comp and got chased out by helicopters and jetski mob.
I gave them the finger. I couldn't go any faster if I wanted to! And I didn't.

You win that one moose :)

I rescued two very attractive young german ladies who were bogged at a crossing in southern Kakadu. We had a chat and they invited me back to their camp ("ya we have lots of beer and it will be fun"), etc, etc....

I was on my way to pick up 8 14 year olds who had just finished a 2 day bushwalk!

I picked the kids up. grrrrrrr

In no particular order of importance, I have:

• Eaten pigeon in Hong Kong (for the first and last time - it came out rather more whole than I expected).
  • Been to 6 of the 7 continents (which could splinter off into hundreds of memorable experiences).
  • Skydived once.
  • Bungy jumped twice, one after another, off the Auckland Harbour Bridge. (I live temptingly close to AJ Hackett in Cairns.)
  • Seen flamingos in Dubai.
  • Made an idiot out of myself by not recognising Gough Whitlam.
  • Worked as a camera assistant at the Sydney Olympics.
  • Had a flying fox hanging off my arm.
  • Ridden a 170cc scooter from the Gold Coast to Cairns.
  • Moved house so many times I've lost count.
  • Lived in Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns, and temporarily in Germany and the USA.
  • Stood among the Dragons on Komodo Island.
  • Cruised through what is left of Krakatoa.
  • Seen a total solar eclipse (and plan to see another one this November).
  • Decided what I want to do with my life - finally.

And as of today, I can say I SURVIVED A THREE-WEEK INTENSIVE MATHS BRIDGING COURSE!

Happy Birthday cobber! May there be as many more as you would like!

Thanks guys. :D It wasn't as painful to turn 61 as I thought it would be. Just seems strange looking back and thinking...gosh, my 40s have gone and now even my 50s are well and truly gone...I mean your 50s are gone once you turn 60, but once 61 comes along, you can't kid yourself anymore that your...just over 59 like you can when you're 60. ;)

Happy birthday, Grannieannie. I'm glad you aren't me. You would've spent your birthday studying and stressing over calculus. :D Hope you did something a little more enjoyable than that.

Happy birthday Grannieannie :D
My mother always quoted Billy Connoly when it comes to age: "Always lie about your age backwards... then you'll get plenty of compliments on how good you look for your age"
I've got 30 coming up this year, so officially I'm 45 ;)

Happy Birthday GrannieAnnie, hope it's treated you well!

Worked hard as a uni student living out of home to save for my beautiful dream baby parrot...I only deem the uni/out of home part relevant as I imagine plenty of people wouldn't find saving for him that hard with "real" jobs lol...at $13 an hour was a different story.

aps.jpg

ive been atacked by a wild pig whie bow hunting.
picked up a wild black snake without being bitten.
rolled my 450cc four wheeler.
been for a ride on the back of my dads harley davidson shovel head, with the rebels.
found a spotted python in my bin.
attempted to backflip a pw50...motorbike.
got given a king brown hatchling when i was 8 to keep in my room(i didnt ever keep it though it freaked me out)
i saw a couple have a domestic dispute on the highway on the way to school this morning, and held a tiger snake(captive)
and thats my life so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back