Would you buy this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy this and what would you spend on it?

• No

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Yes - up to $100

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • Yes - up to $200

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Yes - whatever it costs

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be annoying guys but I just want to bump this up again so I can get more votes. The more responses the better it will look. Thanks for helping :)

Couple of questions, I know it's a long way off just curious
What sort wattage will the thermo be able to control?
How long will the sensor cable be (curious as I for example have 3 enclosure next to each other, then 2 on another wall) would the reach?
Would the LCD display show the temps for ever enclosure on the main screen or would you need to scroll through to see each individual temp?
Will the day/night cycling be for temps and lighting or just lighting?

Good luck with it all.

Unfortunately I can't really answer these questions as it's a long way like you said. This is what I hope it will do though:
I will do my best to make the wattage as high as possible so it can be used for as many applications as possible.
I will try to make cables either adjustable or just have variable lengths available.
LCD will display at least two channels/enclosures but if I can get large size ones for cheap then it will do all of them.
I want the cycling to be settable for each channel individually so you can choose whatever you want.
These questions have also actually made nice suggestions for things I need to think about so thanks

i would pay 300-350, to control 4 enclosures dimming/pulse prop. if it's just on/off then 200-230

I will try to make cables either adjustable or just have variable lengths available.

^^ +1 I was just thinking about that before I read it. My concern would be with something so complex there is more possibility of something going wrong. What about a separate unit all together for the hygrometer?
For something that I can trust and easily controls up to 4 enclosures day and night, I wouldn't blink at paying $400+

Just about to get going actually. I handed in the project proposal yesterday and the project got approved so now comes the easy part - actually making the thing

You and I have different opinions of easy lol. Let us know how it goes.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back