Controversy over croc-hunting safari plan

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i disagree sounds like a good idea as long as there is a sustainable quota
keep in mind RSPCA have been trying to get fish in animal welfare legislation and also wants to stop hunting full any animals including ferals

Last edited:
The only problem I can see with it is that trophy hunters tend to want the biggest and best animals because these make the best trophies (and if you are paying big $$$ for it, you want something good).
But the biggest and best are generally also the fittest breeders. If the safari hunting takes out too many big, healthy genes then the population could be effected down the track
????
Just a thought

The trophy hunter are not going to go after any of the croc only the big ones, then where are we left with a weak second rate gene pool. if something need to be done then letting redneck loose isn't the way.

The only problem I can see with it is that trophy hunters tend to want the biggest and best animals because these make the best trophies (and if you are paying big $$$ for it, you want something good).
But the biggest and best are generally also the fittest breeders. If the safari hunting takes out too many big, healthy genes then the population could be effected down the track
????
Just a thought

true but to get to the biggest and the best they have usually bred for quite a few years and are reaching the end of their prime so i infact doubt it would have that much of an effect especially if it is a small quota which it probably will be.

lol didn't you already make a post on this exact same thing?
I guess you didn't read the articles there is a difference. As a Croc keeper I find this a backwards step for our country. Once this gets through where does it stop. Not a lot of people are overly fond of snakes.

I guess you didn't read the articles there is a difference. As a Croc keeper I find this a backwards step for our country. Once this gets through where does it stop. Not a lot of people are overly fond of snakes.

I read the first post you made on it and with this being the same title I guessed it was on the same thing, I'll have a read n check it out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back