Can different species be housed together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon_Aus

Reaction score
just wondering out loud really, I have a yearling bredli and a yearling Jungle and was wondering if they can be housed together in a large enclosure while they're small? I know the jungle is female, but am unsure of the bredli

Well, they aren't sexually mature so they shouldnt breed atm
though the bredli need higher temperatures than cheynei do.
And cheynei should have a higher humidity level that the bredli.
they both live in 2 completely different environments.

So it really depends on the housing, and if your comfortable with it
i personally would not do it :/

well technically bredli have the lowest body temps of any of the morelia, with temps in their natural range dropping close to 5 degrees at night, nonetheless the humidity thing is a good point. I'm not too concerned about them breeding at this point, more about them fighting

Oh sorry, I wasn't very clear,
Yes you are exactly right! :) I meant day temperatures ,
night temperatures are able to be lowered a lot for a bredli, but cheynei shouldn't be in temps so low. Warm and muggy for them :)

Fighting? Not to shore... Well all animals have their own personality and you can't say if they would fight just going of what species, in this case sub-species or sex they are
just see how they go I think if you really want them together, just kept the, together for short periods to see how they react and trust your own judgment to go from there.

The question is, why would you even want to put them together? The negatives far outweigh the... Wait nevermind, there is no positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back