Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stomk4

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls today my dad and i went to brisbane and back in that time there was a snake that tryed to come into the house my mum was that scared she is still crying the discription she gave to me was a light yellowey creamy color around 1-2 meters long and about 3-5 cm wide anyone know what kind of snake this is? o and it might be in the house fingers crossed it wont be a vanamous one.

Most likely a Common tree snake, it's a colubrid..
Any pics..?

Now, I don't mean to alarm you, but I think it is a King or Eastern brown, both are HIGHLY venomous and aggressive. Now, you need to call a snake removal company, I am sure you can find one on the internet.

i get asked these questions all the time with very inaccurate descriptions of what they saw and how it behaved.

there is no way of telling for sure what snake "tried to come into your house" from that sort of information and asking a forum will
just make it more confusing

Either one of those or the Northern Tree Snake, this snake is not harmful to humans, either way, call a snake removal company to come in and get it out.

Now, I don't mean to alarm you, but I think it is a King or Eastern brown, both are HIGHLY venomous and aggressive. Now, you need to call a snake removal company, I am sure you can find one on the internet.

this is exactly what im talking about,a King brown in Widgee?? which is south east queensland?? this falls outside distribution of that species

Dumbass suggestion confusing the already confused people trying to work out what snake it was with no hope from either party

we do have king brown in widgee

no sorry no pics she was to worried about getting it away from the kids

Kings aren't found in the Brissy area...

its a snake or a lizard i reckon like $nake pimp said
there is no way of telling for sure what snake it is

I might add that I have seen a wild one just east of widgee while on a herp trip with friends, so you are incorrect on this one.

you are confusing a Kingbrown (pseudechis australis) with an Eastern Brown (Pseudonaja textilis)

Really? So do Eastern Browns grow to 2.5 meters do they?

Look mate I don't want to argue, What might be in that persons could possibly be a King Brown that's all.

so you caught it and measured it ? means you had time to take pics lets see them

It's outside or in the roof so thanks everyone... It was coming in mums bedroom window and she shooed it out with a broom... Shes just really freaked out!

Really? So do Eastern Browns grow to 2.5 meters do they?

Look mate I don't want to argue, What might be in that persons could possibly be a King Brown that's all.

so you caught it and measured it ? means you had time to take pics lets see them.

no i dont mean to sound argumentitive either it is also the other reason why trying to work out these sorts of things in a forum creates infinate cnfusion. When we type something it sounds blunt, compared to if it was spoken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back