Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep think weve turned the corner for sure, its so great to see how quickly she grabs her food now. still cant believe that the original owner could only ever 'force feed' her chopped up pinky mice! you should see her with the velvet mice and pinky rats, she loves them and certainly doesnt need any encouragement anymore. I dont think I will have any issues feeding her from now on! :D

I just had Paschar out for a bit of an explore, these shots are a few days after her first 100% complete shed. As you can see she is looking better and better all the time! I love her to bits :)
029.jpg019.jpg027.jpg009.jpg002.jpg

hasnt she come on !!!!!
you must be so pleased !!
She will look better and better now you can see she has gained condition ane will now start to really put on weight...a really lovely story

I am pretty proud of her thats for sure :) I probably should have named her something referring to 'the survivor' or 'strong one' LOL
I love watching how quickly she is improving now. She still has some slightly 'baggy' looking skin in places but she is filling out fast, she also has some skin damage from the retained shed issues she had but since the last shed was 100% complete so Im fairly certain this will disappear eventually over her next few sheds. The thing that pleases me the most is watching her eat! She has gone from such a problem eater to the quickest feeder Ive got! didnt take her long to work out whats good for her! ;)

015.jpg014.jpg

had to update you guys! I upgraded her tub size recently (after some advice about making sure she had ample climbing room) and at feed time today I didnt want to force her off her branch (I usually feed them in seperate containers) so I thought Id offer it to her on the branch... the speed of her recovery has amazed me. she has gone from not being able to lift her head, and not wanting to eat... to being strong enough to smash it straight from her perch!! *Proud Mum* lol shes a legend.

View attachment 212141View attachment 212142 havent been on for ages but thought I would just update you on the happy healthy Paschar. She did end up loosing the very tip of her tail and still looks a little on the skinny side I think, but all in all she is 100%. with all that she has been through I feel very blessed to have her with me. :D

P.s.... the photo with the enclosure was an example of why I am making her a new enclosure LOL she is a climber thats for sure. Her new house is a huge corner unit that I have spent the day making a fake rock wall for ;)

Last edited:
pics dont work for me! ;(

great to hear she bounced back so well tho! :p

Yeah, I can't see the pictures either. But judging by the earlier ones I'm sure she'll be looking really good.

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Cant believe i just read 9 pages. I would love an update.
Awesome story with what looks like a great ending

omg damo i did the same thing! sat here for the last 3/4 hour reading this going "omg poor little darling i hope she will be ok" and i dont even HAVE any snakes!

UPDATE Shep!! lol how is Paschar??? is she huge now?

I was up late last night reading this and finished it this morning, I hope the other undersized Bredli does as well as Pascha. What an inspirational thread. +1 on some updated pics please Shep.

I remember when this happened and I logged in every day reading and it was such a wonderful story....I honestly thought ever day I logged in there would be the news she had passed but she hung in there and with the hard work of Shep she pulled through. I thought some of the care instructions for a traumatised snake were really good thats why i went looking for it

Elizabeth

Awwww...What a cutie!! I just read the whole thing! Congratulations on an awesome recovery mission and for doing everything you could for that gorgeous little girl!!!
We purchased a Coastal Carpet recently, it was sold to us as a hatchy and when we went and looked at it, it was hatchy size. We purchased it and brought it home and the lady emailed through the records, turns out he was around 18 months old... 35g worth of snake. Just tiny. He had been forcefed 80% of his meals and was flighty and bitey, would just hide all day.
It seems as though he was slow fed, once a month, sometimes 6 weeks in between feeds. I just dont understand it. Some people need to look at why they have animals if they cant give them adequate care. Its not just a trend to have a reptile and they arent around for a little while. They really are a life time pet...
Quodos Shep, you did an awesome job! Would loooove some photos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back