Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i liked, what i call the ahs table, with colin and spongebob, not that i was buying any animals on the day but they had a few things that were not being sold at any other table, such as the scaly foot(s) or should that be scaly feet? can't remember the names of the other animals they had, but they had some unique stuff there. was good to see esp since every tom, dick and harry has stimmies and jungles. variety is the spice to life.

Snakefarmer, i was talking to him about getting a female for my male (from snake ranch aswell) the females are $1600!! Anyway i got a nice little yellow stimmy female, one of those tiny little soil dragons from cammo, a S.Plumips spider from the green scorpion, a probe set and a new set of tweezers. I absolutley adored seeing more reptiles and wish i had taken more money with me :) Sucked that i didnt know who anyone was thou :( who ever mentioned we should have all worn our aps names was right lol

Just make sure you compare nice juicy apples with nice juicy apples and not rotten ones....We sell olives with 10 or so feeds in them and garanteed genetics. A good feeder is worth more in high end geneticss as it is likely to breed earlier. Some of our Albinos have bred as 3year olds.
As a warning;To stengthen our bloodlines, we bred some bought in supposed 100% hets to an Albino male this year, and out of 3 cluches there were no whites, so it seems like we really bought some very very expensive ($7500) normals. Thats where the $1600 100% Het females will come from.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to the 100% het especially, you only buy from who you trust.I am very particular from whom I trust.

Just make sure you compare nice juicy apples with nice juicy apples and not rotten ones....We sell olives with 10 or so feeds in them and garanteed genetics. A good feeder is worth more in high end geneticss as it is likely to breed earlier. Some of our Albinos have bred as 3year olds.
As a warning;To stengthen our bloodlines, we bred some bought in supposed 100% hets to an Albino male this year, and out of 3 cluches there were no whites, so it seems like we really bought some very very expensive ($7500) normals. Thats where the $1600 100% Het females will come from.

I only saw a couple of APS people that I knew or recognised. I was the guy people where abusing because all the car parks where full and they had to park at the show ground :)

I had to wait 40 minutes, in the hot sun, for that shuttle bus to pick me up and drive me 2 minutes around the corner.
Then when I wanted to head back, the bus had stopped taking people, so I (with a back problem) had to walk back to my car.

Luckily I got to my car, just as it started poring down with rain.

who ended up winning that one Kyro?

And i must just say that Kyro (kylie) is one of the loveliest people i have met!! As soon as I got to the lucky door prize table she said to me "I recognise you" and we started chatting! (unlike others who shall remain nameless that were to shy to say hello :D :D :D lol )

Oh thanks Sarah, It was lovely to meet you & little Matilda too. I hope she's enjoying her new little friend that I wasn't allowed to look at:lol: kids are so funny
So many people are too shy to introduce themselves, not sure why that is but I've put it down to the fact that alot of reptile keepers are odd:p:lol:
The winner was Greg someone:lol: sorry can't remember the name but he was very excited:D

So many people are too shy to introduce themselves, not sure why that is but I've put it down to the fact that alot of reptile keepers are odd:p:lol:
The winner was Greg someone:lol: sorry can't remember the name but he was very excited:D
People in glass houses Kylie... :p

The winner wasn't me and that's all that matters

I hope she's enjoying her new little friend that I wasn't allowed to look at:lol: kids are so funny

hahhaha, she was still saying all the way home "i not show kylie my snake. Its MY snake!!! The poor little thing is having a hard time leaving "Worm" alone. I have had to look him in the bedroom! she just cant grasp the concept, of he's scared and wants to hide for a bit!!

Im sure he was ecstatic! I went dwn the shops at 4:15 and had a panic attack cos i hadnt brought my phone with me! Hubby was looking at me like i was a fool! Until i explained what was at stake!

someone didn't give them the correct details as the door prize was meant to be mine! i put dibs on it quite some time ago! atleast they got my first name right!

we got five geckos: a female levi levi ;), a pair of marms, a thicktail and a male levi levi (dont have a pic of him sorry)

martha.jpgmarm pair.jpglevi girl.jpg

must say, those sasauge and onion rolls were pretty good!

We picked up a couple of thick tail geckos (my daughter has wanted some for ages), but not sure what sex yet, as they are hatchies and a spider hatchie :) Some great stuff there :)

Bredli :D
sherbert2.jpg

Shot at 2012-02-12

Last edited:
I thought it was a really good showing, and a great show :) I would love to know how many people came through the doors officially!

Alot of childreni and stimmies, a few darwins, plenty of beardies. I agree with Greg that the greatest variety was on a few tables.... The one 'Spongebob' was manning had Kimberly Blue Tongues, ackies, scaly-foots, oedura, etc etc.

There was also one seller with Nephrurus sphyrurus! Only $800 each for yearlings. They looked amazing, even in little plastic carry jars ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.