15cm Lizard spotted in Mt Ossa, Qld - need help to ID please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mountossakitty

Reaction score
I have a photo of a lizard here but can't work out how to attach to this message? And I thought I was savy with computers! It was attached to a leopard tree we planted the week before. I have looked at all the dragon and gecko photos I could find on the web but can't seem to find anything similar. The best I can describe it is about 15cm long, black with grey circles and patches with white dots inside. Tail is long and tapered. head is boofy or raised, not flatish. Toes are long and slender. No matter how close we got it didn't move.
Forgive my ignorance but I have only recently become enmoured by them as I am having my first encounters with them in the bush. Spotted my first ever dragon last week and was entertained by his movement around the tree as I tried to get closer to photograph him (or her).
Hope someone can help identify or advise how to post picture?
Thanks

- go advanced- manage attachments- pretty straight forward from there (slow though).

I have a photo of a lizard here but can't work out how to attach to this message? And I thought I was savy with computers! It was attached to a leopard tree we planted the week before. I have looked at all the dragon and gecko photos I could find on the web but can't seem to find anything similar. The best I can describe it is about 15cm long, black with grey circles and patches with white dots inside. Tail is long and tapered. head is boofy or raised, not flatish. Toes are long and slender. No matter how close we got it didn't move.
Forgive my ignorance but I have only recently become enmoured by them as I am having my first encounters with them in the bush. Spotted my first ever dragon last week and was entertained by his movement around the tree as I tried to get closer to photograph him (or her).
Hope someone can help identify or advise how to post picture?
Thanks

Are we talking My Ossa about 45 mins south of Airlie? If so keen for pics.

Thanks Steve
12 Unknown Lizard Feb 2012.jpg
01 Rainbow Skink Oct 2011.jpg

Looks like it worked. Sorry, the photos aren't that clear. First is the unknow lizard and second I think is a little reianbow skink.
Yes, Mt Ossa south of Airlie and North of Mackay
Not sure you will be able to see the dragon in this next picture but he is the one that kept moving around the tree as I was trying to take the photo.
04 Water Dragon Feb 2012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back