Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer I have see people walk down sunnie coast with a snake around his chest neck like *** I'm sure cops saw him dident do anything ...

I would say that it would be down the the person in charge at the school

are u legally allowed to take in your pet rabbit, ginniea pig, puppy or kitten?

That's right that I'd there people's pet and we have snakes an lizards as pets all should be treated the same

Jake Yes it is illegal in QLD, many choose to ignore it. All it takes is one parent to make a complaint and the authorities are required to take it further. If you really want to take the animal to the school then speak to your local EPA officers and they may write you a permission slip to take the animal to the school for a specified period of time. People wondering around the streets etc I to have seen, and yes cops don't have a clue. If someone reports them to the right authorities however they may loose animals, licenses, and be fined.

That's right that I'd there people's pet and we have snakes an lizards as pets all should be treated the same

No that's not quite right.Reptiles are held under license and there are conditions attached to keeping them.Rabbits,dogs,cats etc aren't kept under license.

I can not find any where online about not takeing reptiles to school

that's because it's against the licensing regulations. reptiles are only allowed to leave the licensed property to go to the vets, are being moved on (with a movement advice) or if you have a permit for display from QPWS. So no, it can't go to your mates house, can't go to the school etc etc etc. this applies for any animals kept on a license. Including hand raised birds ie Eclectus parrots, rosella's etc etc.

And all it would take is one parent to complain and the school's in deep doo doo and so are you! Govt works fast IF they want to and the education dept can make things happen!

you don't require a license to keep these though

Last edited:
Yes ok then I'll do the photo thingy then it's not like I care but it's the fact I wanted to no uer fair enough

So I guess it's who you talk to ???

No Jake... As Scott (eipper) mentioned, there are rules in place, and for good reason.

It doesn't matter if you talk to the pen pushers at DERM, as they don't know their head from their a.. on a good day...

What happens if the snake bites one of the kids? You say no touching etc. but they are kids and one of them will want to do something that the big adult told them they can't do.. You have no public liability insurance and you're not supposed to have taken it there in the first place.

For the people telling him it's ok as long as it's quick etc. stop supplying false information...if you don't know anything about the subject, don't take a guess and comment..

Also, don't compare them to cats and dogs... It is illegal to take a reptile off the address stated on your licence as per your licensing conditions/agreement - unless visiting a vet...

I know it sucks mega noodles! I have a handraised Rosella and I found out the hard way. Its very hard when you have a companion bird that you can't take with you. We only ever went to the pet stores. I know one woman whose ecky is her life. Goes everywhere with her, taking the kids to school and after school sports etc, to weekend picinic's. She does dog shows etc. She ignores the rules and takes her with but all it takes is one person, one complaint. And in this day and age of you tube and recording... bye bye reptiles!

Ok say u r moveing house Do you have to do a movement advice up for that or do you just ring up and tell them you are moveing (them I mean qld reptile lic people) ???

Btw this is why I ASKED the question first befor finding out the hard way :) thank you for ya help ....

O and shedding is that tru you can't take that to show and tell !?????

You ring them and supply your new address and they'll mail/e-mail you a new licence with the current address on it.

No Jake... As Scott (eipper) mentioned, there are rules in place, and for good reason.

It doesn't matter if you talk to the pen pushers at DERM, as they don't know their head from their a.. on a good day...

What happens if the snake bites one of the kids? You say no touching etc. but they are kids and one of them will want to do something that the big adult told them they can't do.. You have no public liability insurance and you're not supposed to have taken it there in the first place.

For the people telling him it's ok as long as it's quick etc. stop supplying false information...if you don't know anything about the subject, don't take a guess and comment..

Also, don't compare them to cats and dogs... It is illegal to take a reptile off the address stated on your licence as per your licensing conditions/agreement - unless visiting a vet...

I wasn't taking a guess, I explained to the OP exactly what happened when I contacted the authorities & asked the same question. I'm sorry if that offends you or people with exhibitors licenses, fact of the matter is the snake was at the school for half an hour & we had permission from the relevant people(EPA, parents & the school).

yeah diff state tho. QLD is an absolute no go!
As with moving I just fill out a MA and send it with my note. was never told anything different

Although Qld can be tough there is one simple way to circumnavigate the rules if the school is close and class small enough
Simply invite them into your back yard

That is perfectly legal so long as zero money changes hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back