Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is something I have always wanted to do :)

Ha ha I refer you to my post on page 1. I swam with a big one without a cage, absolutely accidentaly! Tore myself to ribbons on the oysters getting out of the water!

Ha ha I refer you to my post on page 1. I swam with a big one without a cage, absolutely accidentaly! Tore myself to ribbons on the oysters getting out of the water!

Hey Steve...me too.....not the swimming with dangerous things bit but the tearing myself to bits on oyster rocks is on my list of have dones!

i have been underground in a Chinese coal mine.

that's serious. I went into Oz's most unsafe underground many moons ago. Woodcutters near batchelor, there was a diversion around a 200 tonne lump of stone that fell out of the celing 3 days before. These days it just dribbles sulphuric acid into the local creek.

that's serious. I went into Oz's most unsafe underground many moons ago. Woodcutters near batchelor, there was a diversion around a 200 tonne lump of stone that fell out of the celing 3 days before. These days it just dribbles sulphuric acid into the local creek.

yeah I have been working on underground machinery for a few years now for a Australian manufacturer and have found my self in china fair bit in the last couple of years, in fact i am there now and was underground today but thats my job. there mines are pretty well maintained from what I have seen and are often allot better working conditions than most Australian pits.
But just because they are clean doesn't mean they are safe so i still keep wits about me.

I have had a 'crying game' experience. I will no longer date asians. Sorry.

Moved out at 17, lived on my own since 18.
been skydiving
been in a hot air balloon
Donate Blood, Plasma, Platelets every 2-4 weeks for the last 2-3 years also registered on the bone marrow donor list.
Free diving
SCUBA diving
spelunking
Cycled 91km (will be aiming to do 100KM then 150 etc)
Cycled top speed 70KM/h down hill plans to up that to over 80km/h
done triathlons

cant think of more atm

Do you cycle in a bunch or by your lonesome, if its on a bunch just do the 150km straight up, you'll be surprised how far you can ride when you put yourself in the that situation.

Drank to much in Mexico, jumped in a back of ute with a bunch of locals who couldn't speak english, drove to a beach, drank & smoked a lot more, woke up the next morning in a tent with five mexicans passed out around me, crawled out into daylight with no idea where I was, no phone, no money, no spanish, no fresh water, hitchiked back to my hotel with nothing but my wristband that had the name of the hotel on it.

definitely one of the smartest decisions I ever made.

I have always loved Holden V8's I have owned two, I learned to make the most of them in my first a HZ ute then I had the pleasure of owning and driving a HZ fully Bombed Monaro this I actually managed to get up on 2 wheels(much to the horror of my Husband) I do confess to dragging them(out in the bush not on main roads) every Friday. I have also hunted and had my own team of dogs for 17 years(not anymore) I have been lucky enough to live in some of the most wild and beautiful terrain this country has to offer and been able to witness the beauty and savagery of nature and her critters :) I have often heard relatives comment that my life has been too tough for a woman??? and my Husbands had no right to "drag" me off to these places and occupations??? I confess loudly to being the dragger not the draggee rofl..... I am stuck in suburbia now a square peg in a round hole and am longing for my wilderness yet again..... Mostly what I have done that is the most precious and satisfying is being taught by my Daughter how to be the best parent I can be. She has inspired me to be a better person... Oh and I have learned not to read maps upside down and to reverse vehicles without nudging things out of my way

You've done some interesting things so far, Crystal. I hope you get to your wilderness again one day. I know all too well what it's like to be a square peg in a round hole.

I have often heard relatives comment that my life has been too tough for a woman??? and my Husbands had no right to "drag" me off to these places and occupations???

Oh for goodness sake!

You've done some interesting things so far, Crystal. I hope you get to your wilderness again one day. I know all too well what it's like to be a square peg in a round hole.

Oh for goodness sake!
LOL I went contract mustering at 17 and a half in the early 80's and was the only female in that area even Jillaroo's were pretty rare back then. I am glad those antiquated views are all but buried nowdays :) I am hoping to reunite with my wilderness in the not to distant future ;)

Nice to see you on here again CrystalMoon, I was wondering where you went. I've been doing all the liking for you lol :D

Nice to see you on here again CrystalMoon, I was wondering where you went. I've been doing all the liking for you lol :D

Same here, but I didn't want to say anything in case I was just being unobservant; it's been hectic lately lmao :p

5mins of cpr on an old man yesterday...he had a MASSIVE MI (heart attack) found out he died en route when i called the ambo station

5mins of cpr on an old man yesterday...he had a MASSIVE MI (heart attack) found out he died en route when i called the ambo station

Sorry to hear that :(

You gave it your best, but of course you can't save them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back