Attention iPad nerds;D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raddy318

Reaction score
Hey everyone ,
Does anyone know if u can change a iPad with just wifi into one that receives a 3G signal ?
Cheers, and thanks in advanced !

There's a thing you can get called "mifi". It's basically just a small wireless router that you can use to create a mobile wifi spot that you can then connect the ipad to. Or if you have an iphone as well you can just create a personal hotspot on that. That's what I do

if you have an iphone you can set the iphone up to create your own wireless hotspot and tether the ipad to that.

But to make a hot spot on you iPhone you Must be on a phone plane

I should take offense to that seeing as I like my Apple products, but I won't :)

At least they don't over complicate things, and I can add features ( Apps) that I want as I go and their on screen layout is the same across the pods, phones and pads. Even my very non techy partner can use it, he's been Nokia for years but they're getting too complicated for him now with 'features' fully loaded that he'll never use.

To the OP, if you already have an iPhone (iOS5) then tether it to your iPad as suggested, just make sure you've got a good data plan on your phone

At least they don't over complicate things, and I can add features ( Apps) that I want as I go and their on screen layout is the same across the pods, phones and pads. Even my very non techy partner can use it, he's been Nokia for years but they're getting too complicated for him now with 'features' fully loaded that he'll never use.

Without getting into a discussion on platforms, I agree; Apple products are incredibly easy to use, and while it limits the wriggle room for those of us that are a little more tech savy, it also opens it up to a larger user base.

I won't say anything else :lol:

I have iPad 2 3G and am in love with it, hardly ever use laptop anymore

It looks like they might release the new ipad 3 on the 7/03/12 when
apple sent out invitations out to the San Francisco launch.

Without getting into a discussion on platforms, I agree; Apple products are incredibly easy to use, and while it limits the wriggle room for those of us that are a little more tech savy, it also opens it up to a larger user base.

I won't say anything else :lol:

LOL, I work in IT and deal with smartphones of all platforms and its nice that apple aren't pretentious. Pick it up and use it, not spend time 'learning' it

LOL, I work in IT and deal with smartphones of all platforms and its nice that apple aren't pretentious. Pick it up and use it, not spend time 'learning' it

Unless it brakes, has any fault, or you just so happen to drop it ( only takes once) imo apple are pretentious. But I can agree to disagree. :)

Lucas

LOL OMG its called "The New Ipad" only a better screen and camera ! pathetic!

I've got a 64gb Ipad 2 3G+wiFi. I got a Data plan for my phone that allows me to use 2.5gb of data on it. But i dotn use it on my phone. So i try to use it on my IPad.

In the end though you're better off just getting a Wifi Ipad 2. Or wait a bit and get the 3rd ipad.

I got my Ipad and mobile (HTC 3D) through a online store I swear by, I love my HTC and the 3D pic of my kids are amazing and the Ipad is perfect replacement for my laptop and leaves my gaming rig for programs I built it for...I used to not like Apple products but I had a friend stay with me that had the iMac iPad iPhone combination and i just loved how user friendly and easy they were to use for the basics...web,pics,video I still love PC and I really don't like iPhones thus i brought a HTC

Now to the point lol...I set my HTC as a WiFi hotspot and tether my iPad to it...I only have 32 gb wifi version and my phone is a pre-paid optus phone with $2 day offer I get unlimited everything including data and I've got my wifi network at home

I suggest you go look at your phone see it's capabilities and if need be get the entry level HTC on the optus plan I am on and you should be set....or just look for an internet provider or get a wifi modem at home which would probably be cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back