gecko keepers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonitorMayhem

Reaction score
just wondering how many keepers keep their baby geckos together from same clutch even other clutches etc
cheers mick

cheers geckojosh i just put 2 levis with 2 pilbs together i think i will seperate them when i get the chance just thought cant see why they wont get along with each other

I'll keep clutchmates together. Even those from multiple clutches if they are all similar in size and grow at a similar rate. Those that fall behind or are feeding noticeably less are separated.

Last edited:
I keep mine separate as well.

Know of a few people who have had knob-tail hatchies drop their tails when kept together - either due to stress, fighting, or both...

I will add that I only have done this with Oedura and Strophurus species, they arent aggressive when young so its never caused any problems for me.
If you are new to breeding then I would suggest keeping them separately as its much easier to monitor them.

Cheers Josh

Last edited:
I keep clutch mates together for a while till I sort out what goes and what stays ...
Some times if I run out of space I will keep 4 per tub in the big rack , never had any issues as they have stacks of room in that sized tub.

I will add that I only have done this with Oedura and Strophurus species, they arent aggressive when young so its never caused any problems for me.
If you are new to breeding then I would suggest keeping them separately as its much easier to monitor them.

Cheers Josh

Same... I should clarify as well that I have kept the strophs in clutch pairs till about 6 months of age then I seperate them. I just automatically assumed we were talking about knobbies.

G'day Mick,
Hope you are keeping well. How's the young female pilb going?
My comments are based on Nephrurus.
If space isn't an issue, and you have access to a rack system, then keeping on their own is best.
However in saying that I routinely keep siblings together in 7L rectangular Sistema plastic tubs (with 3/4 lid replaced with mesh). I will keep them this way for approx 4-5 months, at which time they are moved into bigger enclosures.
The only time I separate them, is if there is an issue with one clearly struggling (feeding), in which case, he/she is removed and kept separate until back on track.
Cheers
Phil

g'day phil
the young female is going great mate i am saving her for next years breeding give her plenty of time she is big enough to breed now but let her get a bit older
i have 4 babys in together they seem to be going ok i think i will seperate them soon as i have the rack there just need to set up heat cord etc hows your geckos
going phil i am always looking to add more to the collection mate.

I keep everything by it self that wy they feed better and grow faster because they dont miss out on food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back