huge huntsman!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwebb

Reaction score
definitely the biggest i have ever seen in my life.. i hope you can understand the size of it compared to the width of the blind!!
our neighbours heard my flatmate and i screaming our heads off and came to investigate haha

sorry but it met a very sad death by a shoe and lots of flyspray

i just hate them okay haha

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-17 at 9.17.48 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-02-17 at 9.17.48 PM.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 568
ohh no...they generally travel in pairs..... lets hope it partner dosnt seek revenge while you sleep......

seen bigger. Sadly i found this one a few days after the pic dead in the grass :( Measured its legs they were just over 10cm long... thats one Leg! Loved it's colour and pattern, striped.

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 241
They come in pairs?! Fml!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ps it fell off the blind when i sprayed it and started running towards me to kill me and i squished him at the last second haha i have a hilarious video of us killing it ill try get it up here

Aw, you know they're happy to crawl on you and won't bite. I know you're afraid but next time don't give the awesome critter such a punishment. They're pretty hardy little things so hitting it into a tub or bucket with a magazine then putting him outside is a good way to do it.
I have one living in my house somewhere, see him from time to time :) As long as it isn't a redback or another nasty I'm happy to co exist

Oh ps it fell off the blind when i sprayed it and started running towards me to kill me and i squished him at the last second haha i have a hilarious video of us killing it ill try get it up here
They don't come in pairs.

Perhaps learn a little bit about them and you will realise they are nothing to be afraid of and kill, in the same way that learning about snakes often reduces peoples fear of those disgusting, vile creatures that are out to measure us up in our sleep and chase down hills with their tails in their mouth, right before drinking from a self congratulatory saucer of milk. Just a suggestion.

We get em bigger than that in QLD. Poor little baby leave it alone.

Cheers
Ian

my bf is a huge baby when it comes to huntsmans, he started having kittens and looking for a broom when he spotted one the other night, i said just ignore it and he said he wasnt sleeping with that thing in the house,....so i grabbed a jar, caught it, and took it outside,...

im happy to have them in the house, but between him and the beardies theyre probably not safe, the big boy often leaves a pile of legs in the corner of his room if he gets lucky.

things i dont hesitate to kill are red backs and white tails,....they meet death via shoe,.... :)

Cant wait, must have been so funny....

my bf is a huge baby when it comes to huntsmans, he started having kittens and looking for a broom when he spotted one the other night, i said just ignore it and he said he wasnt sleeping with that thing in the house,....so i grabbed a jar, caught it, and took it outside,...

im happy to have them in the house, but between him and the beardies theyre probably not safe, the big boy often leaves a pile of legs in the corner of his room if he gets lucky.

things i dont hesitate to kill are red backs and white tails,....they meet death via shoe,.... :)

I thought that you were going to say that bf can sleep outside.LOL
Cheers
Ian

I think they do come in pairs.. i found another the same size in the garage last night.. i left it alone you bunch of sooks.

If it comes in my room its dead meat.

P.s. When people come to my house that dont like snakes, i dont force them to be around mine because i have an irrational fear of spiders and if someone held a spider near me i would die.. So i dont push my snakes onto people.

I know huntsmans dont hurt me.. But they are huge and scary and their eyes are so defined :( i co exist peacefully with daddy longlegs however :)

Last edited:
I used to be terrified of these....but now I put a glass or bowl over them...whatever fits, slide some paper under the bowl and relocate the spider outside......don't know that I'd want one actually crawling on me....but I like them...I don't like killing things.

ive seen bigger, should of seen the one i saw the other day, i swear it was bigger than my hand

sterotypical''

I got bitten by an XXL one at Yorkeys Knob a few years ago. I was asleep in bed and must have wrapped her in the sheet. The bite was on my foot and it hurt! I killed the spider out of instinct and felt bad about it later. She was a beauty.

It was sore for a few days but nothing more. UNTIL 7 months later I got a massive infection in exactly the same place which ultimately threatened my keeping the foot. The medical consensus was that bacteria from the fangs had lain dormant then for some reason reactivated all that time later.

We used to get huge chunky tarantulas in the house too which Darlyn picked up like they were soft toys and deposited them back in the forest!

That just brought tears to my eyes. I am well and truly phobic of spiders. I have managed to overcome the worst of it and not worry about spiders in the garden, daddy longlegs, itty bitty ones, etc. But something like that? No, that is made of all my nightmares rolled into one with a liberal dash of hell on eight legs. Goose-bumps, chills, irrational fears that one will be in my bed tonight, oh yes.

And yet, they're so FASCINATING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back