Has Anyone Got Enclosures Off These Guys?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple of pictures of some enclosures that I picked up from Aaron "Snake Whisperer". I have a few of Aaron's different enclosures and I have found that his workmanship is spot on and he is easy to deal with. I have not quite got these ready yet, just needing to make a stand now. Also I must add, I am a S4!thouse photographer.

They look great! Are they as easy to heat and maintain as bog standard melamine enclosures?

Hi Focus

I am not quite at that stage yet, but my idea with this style was that a hot spot is a hot spot so there should be no difference there (well very minimal) and as for the cool end, there should be a better gradient with a bit of heat loss through the glass end. They are to be heated by infra red bulbs and there is actually less glass at the front of the enclosure using the frame lined single door over full height sliding glass doors. each bay measures the standard 4x2x2.

Cheers
Rick

Hi Focus

I am not quite at that stage yet, but my idea with this style was that a hot spot is a hot spot so there should be no difference there (well very minimal) and as for the cool end, there should be a better gradient with a bit of heat loss through the glass end. They are to be heated by infra red bulbs and there is actually less glass at the front of the enclosure using the frame lined single door over full height sliding glass doors. each bay measures the standard 4x2x2.

Cheers
Rick

Good to know! Thx.

Here are a couple of pictures of some enclosures that I picked up from Aaron "Snake Whisperer". I have a few of Aaron's different enclosures and I have found that his workmanship is spot on and he is easy to deal with. I have not quite got these ready yet, just needing to make a stand now. Also I must add, I am a S4!thouse photographer.

View attachment 238893View attachment 238894View attachment 238895View attachment 238896
View attachment 238881View attachment 238884View attachment 238886

Yes Aaron is in the process of making one for me at the moment

As an English teacher I would say you missed some, also be aware of run on sentences....
Despite the fact that you have used a comma and conjunction to separate the two sections of the sentence, they have completely different subjects. I would suggest that writing them as separate sentences would therefore be more appropriate.

just a thought....

Apologies to the OP.

Blue

View attachment 238893View attachment 238894View attachment 238895View attachment 238896
View attachment 238881View attachment 238884View attachment 238886
The door on the top right appears to bow in a little. Does it or is it just something from the camera angle or the door wasn't quite shut properly?

i was going to buy a rack and the dude never got back to me

The door on the top right appears to bow in a little. Does it or is it just something from the camera angle or the door wasn't quite shut properly?

Function of the design Damo. Long, unsupported pieces of melamine have a tendency to warp/twist/bend etc. I'm not a fan of that particular design, but I do like to give folks what they want! In the end, I decided to let that door stand rather than add stiffening rails and stops all over the inside of the cage for aesthetic reasons.

Who, me? Pretty rare for me to miss an email but it has been known to happen.

I've got the 1200 Double level off him. I was using dalbarb but I find these a lot better built for an enclosure at this price. It is really well sealed which is something that I've had to do myself with the other brands. Plus it's a bonus being on wheels, so its easy to move around when house cleaning. It's also pretty stiff, doesn't flex or feel flimsy like some others I looked at.

The only thing I don't like is the windows on the sides. My bredli's couldnt get comfortable because the ends were right next to the room entrance, so all I did was buy some project cardboard from office works for $1 and bluetac it on the outside....no issues since.

I'm going to be putting another order in soon for my other pythons that are almost ready to move out of their current housing.

When was that? I ordered off him in the middle of last year and he got back to me during the night. Plus he responded back pretty quickly when I asked about extra light fittings etc.

I forgot to mention earlier that his full time job is owning a bakery, he builds the enclosures during the night. The time from putting my deposit down and the day he delivered was exactly 2 weeks, which was what he told me over the phone when ordering.

Also for Snake Whisper, I like your work. If I lived up your way I'd be contacting you but I'm sure the freight to NSW would be more then I was charged when ordering from pythn.

Last edited:
I've got the 1200 Double level off him. I was using dalbarb but I find these a lot better built for an enclosure at this price. It is really well sealed which is something that I've had to do myself with the other brands. Plus it's a bonus being on wheels, so its easy to move around when house cleaning. It's also pretty stiff, doesn't flex or feel flimsy like some others I looked at.

The only thing I don't like is the windows on the sides. My bredli's couldnt get comfortable because the ends were right next to the room entrance, so all I did was buy some project cardboard from office works for $1 and bluetac it on the outside....no issues since.

I'm going to be putting another order in soon for my other pythons that are almost ready to move out of their current housing.

Thanks for that, its good to hear from someone who actually has one of their enclosures. Have you found heat retention to be an issue at all due to the large ventilation area?

Hey damo77

Last night after I took the photo and saw it in the post I noticed the slight bow in the top right and lower left door. I went to bed thinking about how I could fix it, got up in the morning and it wasn't there. Now I don't know if that is an issue resulting from humidity levels or the fact that I only fitted the doors yesterday and they had been standing on their ends while I put in the bamboo. Time will tell

Cheers
Rick

Thanks for that, its good to hear from someone who actually has one of their enclosures. Have you found heat retention to be an issue at all due to the large ventilation area?

I think from memory in his gallery he shows the holes across the whole top of the enclosure? When mine arrived it had two 10x6 air vents fitted in the back. In winter I covered one of the vents to help retain heat more, but when I start cooling my bredli's when I'm ready to breed them I won't worry about the cover.

Tomorrow when I'm home, I'll take a couple of pics and post them on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back