Urgent bearded dragon help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnakeboyy

Reaction score
hey guys

i have a bearded dragon about 11cm in length from nose to tip of the tail and a very small 7 and a half cm one.

i need to know if the big one will harm the smaller one as i do not have enough money for another uvb light

thanks, brodie

House them separately for now just in case. Just don't use one with uvb, but put said dragon outside in direct sunlight for A few hours A week until you can get another uvb light. I don't use uvb light for my beardie he just goes outside on weekends and he is thriving

Ok so will the bigger one harm the smaller one bacause I had them in together for about 10 mins and the bigger one was waving its arm
what does that mean?

oh and just to let you all know they are still both babies and not at juvi stage yet

also they are eastern beardies

Last edited:
ok im gonna have to save up for another uvb light then lol and an enclosure. :|

DSC00376.jpgDSC00375.jpg ok so this is the size of the enclosure and the size difference between the beardies

Last edited:
I wouldn't risk it. The bigger one may dominate and the little one will not get enough food, light etc. UVB light is important so if you can't afford it can you borrow money from someone else? The other option is swapping enclosures, so both dragons get some UV lightat some stage in the day. Though BDs are creatures of habit so this may not be ideal.

the feeding wouldn't be a problem because i hand feed but i will be getting an enclosure in 5 months or so but i may be able to make an out door enclosure with my dad.

thanks for your help

um mate with your enclosure i only see one light.. where is the heat light..?

the eastern beardies are from my area and the same heat is here as where they would come from

i agree theydo need it. if thetemps drop at night they willget sick. they need to have a cool end and a heat end.. what is the enclosure made out of..?

its perspex.. i dont know how that would work with the beardeds, but ill lt the more experienced give you some advice.

Regardless of where you live and there locality, if housed indoors they MUST have a basking spot. Does you room regularly get to 30-35 decrease for prolonged periods of time? With out that, thier food will rot in there stomach.

Seeing a lot of these threads lately..you'd think parents would have enough brains to look into what their children are doing with live animals inside their homes.

No offence Jako.

They need a basking spot regardless of whether you live in the same locale or not. Sorry to sound like a know it all but you should do some more research!

Sent from my U8510 using Tapatalk

Ok I just thought the centrals needed a heat lamp because they live in way warmer weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back