What's everybody reading?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest edition of Wildlife Secrets in newsagents now

Mudskipper on the cover and a great article on them written by our very own Waterrat (Michael Cermak)

Cheers
Sandee :)

I am onto the last story in the James Herriot omnibus (Vet in a Spin), really enjoying his books. Then I will go onto Outside the Law 2 (true crime) or the Jim Corbett books that ebay just sent me.
At any given time I usually have a pile of around 10 books by my bed that I am planning on reading, problem is the pile never really goes down because I constantly buy more... oops!

I've chewed through most of my favourite authors so I'm currently in stasis, although earlier I rather enjoyed "Hunting for Dragons" with my daughter lol.
If anyone's got any good recommendations I'm into satire and fantasy mostly; did my dash with serious stuff ages ago so now I either read because I'm researching or read to be entertained. All the better if I'm laughing so hard I pee a little.

you might like the The Rangers Apprentice, :) they are great books, and the Roman Mystery books are great too :)

Just finishing the frost series by wingfield, but as long as it's not mills & boons or western I will read it:)
I am a very fast reader so books only last a night or three depending on size, it's my favorite thing to do....read, love it even more than my reptiles

I'm currently reading The Flight of The Eisenstein... But tafe is now going to be getting in the way... :(

The Visnu Purana (compiler/author unknown ) Vol. 2 of 6.............. ...the very first posting on this thread,showed a fine intellect, a scholarly mind, being exercised........lovely to see.

My recomendations

Action: Mattew Reilly - Scarecrow series
Fantasy: Robbin Hobb - Farseer Trilogy, Live Ship Traders
Fantasy/Action/Mystery/Crime: Jim Butcher, Dresden Files

Do yourself a favour......

Uni text books atmo for me :(
Pathology, chemistry - not my fav's at all!
Chinese Natural cures, A Manual of Acupuncture and a few others! - these are much better!!!

I am learning to be a family violence worker and am currently sitting in on a mens group....just for some light reading I am currently working through

Invitations to Responsibility by Alan Jenkins

Light reading from work,Forensic Biology: Identification and DNA Analysis of Biological Evidence and Criminal Poisoning: Investigational Guide for Law Enforcement, Toxicologists, Forensic Scientists, and Attorneys (Forensic Science and Medicine)

Corydoras and Related Catfishes, A Complete Introduction. I love these little guys :D

Achilles in the Quantum Universe...

But... I did just buy a huge amount of new books to start flourishing my brain with! I'm actually looking forward to a good read too!

The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins;
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson;
and *gasp* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Honestly, I am a firm believer in evolution and have a pretty good understanding of it as it is. I just got into a 'discussion' with my step-dad's mum about evolution, and it turns out she's a fundy creationist christian who was happy to parrot out what her creationist pastor had told her. I need more ammo for next time she comes to stay, and Dawkins covers that base pretty darn well.
Saying that, I will try to get a copy of that from the library. Can never read or know too much. Thanks!

@Jamesss,

If your after "ammo" against creationists, then you'll really enjory Jerry Coyne's book. Like Dawkins, he's also irritated by creationists and the lack of acceptance of evolution. He points out many of the deficiencies of the creationist position.

Thanks, I'll add it to the list. Although truth told, it's gonna take me a while to get through the books I'm working on at the moment. I have a while before I see her again anyway, she's off travelling the world, spending more money than she can afford to because God told her to.
I wish I was lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back