Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in the afternoon. Was good for a look and got to hold a few snakes, but was expecting a bit more variety with lizards.

picked up a thermostat and a sarina, also got the Jan edition of Scales and Tails and subscribed for 12 months, was a good day. sis kept trying to make my mum let me buy a bells' phase lacie even though I told her how big they get, and she's afraid of my bluetongue.

Last edited:
I wanted PK's pair of roughies but somebody on here kept out bidding me for them (yeah you know who you are ;))

Sorry about that redink, lol. As indicated, I got a pair of roughies in the auction, I also got my black bluie from Peter Krauss who also kindly gifted me a het as well. I also got a lovely pair of barred golden tails off John and put a deposit on a Boyds.

I loved the whole expo. I spoke to many people and recognised even more.

The only thing I wondered about was that the stage was not more utilised. I was there early and did not leave until 1.30-ish and in that time I only saw the American expert Funk who gave a talk on parasites (he was very good, but even though I was scarcely a few metres from him, the sound quality wasn't great). I would have loved to have seen more people use this space.

OMG in that van out the front, there was a shingle back lizard, and it was in appauling condition. It was as thin as a rake, could see it was very lifeless and extremely skinny. I was saddened by it :(

Hey all, first post here in a few years.

I went along to the expo purely for a bit of a gawk and to see what was happening in the herp world these days (I am pretty out of touch). Was amazed at how cheap the greens and albinos are!!

Was also pretty impressed with the price of a certain Blue phase CTS.... Pick it up tomorrow since I didn't have my licence with me :D

Haha, Thats what my hubby said to me...about 3 reptiles ago! "This is the last one OK!!!!???" "So I smile and say of course!!!! And under my breath I say "for this month!!!" lol

Tell your husband what I tell mine : He should consider himself lucky. Some girls demand diamonds for $10,000 and it barely fits on their little finger. My $800 diamond fits on my fingers, hand, arm and neck all at the same time! What a saving!!! :lol:
Haha, there's an idea. I tell mine that if I don't get snakes I may start asking for babies instead- just hope he never calls my bluff!(shudder)

Yeah was from john he was nice enough to not sell it on me till we got a there

Great bloke, far more interested in talking geckos than actually selling them.

I went in the afternoon. Was good for a look and got to hold a few snakes, but was expecting a bit more variety with lizards.

I was there just before 12 and of what lizards were left, were mostly sold by my second walk around.

Bought my 4th snake, a nice hypo pepperd coastal carpet python, he's a stunner, will be giving him a few days if peace and quiet, wasn't too happy after ingot him home from the expo haha don't blame him

all in all it was a great day! i was there from set up to pack up, and saw alot of familiar faces, alot of people i wasnt expecting to see turned up aswell which was great! i felt that there wasnt as much as last year, but what was there was much better quality! there was a few things i saw that tickled me, but in the end i bought the jungles in the auction and a couple of books. took the camera but didnt take any photos, so i would love to see some of the pics people took!!

I managed to only buy a exo terra stand for by beardies enclosure, slightly damaged but at 1/3rd of the price I wasnt going to complain!

does any one have pics this thread is getting dull

did anyone else see the state of the freshy at animal tracks? he was skin and bones, you could see the vertebrae aloung his neck and he had his eyes closed all the time, was a great expo but felt the state of that crocodile was disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back