I got my dream snake!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_m

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Finally, after 4 years of drooling over these gorgeous snakes I am now the proud owner of an aussie green tree python!!!
Picked her up from Russell Grant (who could not have been any more helpful!) at the VHS expo today.

Just some quick pics as it was being moved to its new home. He/she seems to be settling in ok because the first thing it did when I put it in the tank was do a big dump and right now it seems to be already 'hunting'.
No name as yet, trying to come up with something unisex.
I am totally in love!!!!
IMG_9642.jpg

(the hairy arm above does NOT belong to me)
IMG_9637.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

Just gorgeous! I miss my yellow baby - might just have to get another one ;) Enjoy the color change - pretty special!

Very gorgeous - congratulations!!!! :D Would love to see pics when s/he starts hi/er colour change :)

Very gorgeous - congratulations!!!! :D Would love to see pics when s/he starts hi/er colour change :)
Thanks guys, I can't wait for it to change either, especially if it ends up looking as stunning as the yearlings Russell also had for sale. They almost tempted me to skip witnessing the yellow phase all together.
But very very happy with the one I chose. It was the biggest, chubbiest one of the 5 he had and was the only one that began feeding first time around.
Was so excited that I started shaking while I was paying for it. Was almost as exciting as my wedding day!!!! (hubby not thrilled about that, haha)

Mate that GTP is amazing. I look forward to seeing it change as it matures.

awesome! i pick mine up friday, cant wait, can you post a picture of your enclsoure you have it in?

cheers

awesome! i was there, i was soooooooooooo close to buying one, so tempting but brought a male amyae instead for my 3 female amyae :) all the best with ya new addition :)

sarah: nice setup, you dont find the sides getting too hot? where did you get the tub from?

sarah: nice setup, you dont find the sides getting too hot? where did you get the tub from?
No, we were struggling to get the air temps around the perches above 25deg when we had the heat cord under the enclosure. This way the air temp stays between 29 and 32- mostly 30.5 and drops no less than 26 during the night.
The tub was just from Safeway, it did have a blue handle but we got rid of it.

Am super excited right now cos I just offered a tiny fuzzy mouse to it and after a little teasing it took it so so gently and is now curled comfortably around a perch with a tiny fat belly. Yay, so relieved!

We have decided to name it Bamboo.

Like the idea of how you have set up heat cord and digital thermometer. What is the material made of that is holding the heat cord on the plastic container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back