Fussy eater

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sagara_cp_2006

Reaction score
I know snakes can go for a long time with out eating. However, the last successful feed my 5 year old spotted ate was on the 01/01/2012. Every week I continue to try and feed her however she still refuses to eat. At what point should I be (seriously) concerned about this???

Any advice on getting her to eat would be greatly appreciated.

When she starts to lose condition I would be worried. Don't try every week, give her 2 or 3 weeks then try with a fresh killed rodent of choice.

Have you changed food sources?
I haven't owned snakes for long at all but... mine got extremely fussy going from mice to rats. I had to (still have to sometimes) brain the rat, I poke a hole in it's head :-S she hasn't refused one.

I have coninued to feed her rats the whole time, I haven't changed her food source. I will try preparing the food inalternative ways and see if that may help. She is a good size at the moment, I am hoping that she will get sick and tired of me annoying her with the food and eat out of frustration.

Causing more stress isn't likely to get her to feed. A five year old spotted can easily handle going two months without food. Offer something every few weeks, but don't be worried. As long as everything is fine in her environment, she'll eat when she's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back