Carpet python missing part of mouth :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12-08-67

Reaction score
Got called out to a carpet python with caller saying it was missing half its jaw so went out expecting the worse and found this, one of the prettiest (besides its injury), and placid wild pythons to handle. It was sitting in a bamboo tree outsides the residents window. We removed the window and screen and it came straight over to say hello as if wanting human attention - i later found out the residents had a pet mouse so am sure that is what it was wanting and not cuddles :). Am hoping it will be able to be released again after treatment, was a bit skinny and dehydrated and about 1.5mtrs, cream and gold and black in colours with a hint of khaki,the pictures are quite dark as just taken with phone, fingers crossed it will be a happy ending.

Attachments

• jenny.jpg
    jenny.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 2012-02-18 23.26.20-1-1-1.jpg
    2012-02-18 23.26.20-1-1-1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 2012-02-18 23.26.02-1.jpg
    2012-02-18 23.26.02-1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 145
sadly i didnt get pics of all of it as we just medicated and put it to bed to keep stress level down, fingers crossed i will have more pics soon :)

okay by looking at the pics the injury looks healed?
was it or was it a recent injury?
curious if it will still be able to feed and or catch prey!

yes it was hard to tell, looked very clean and no infection, mouth was extra clean inside too and the only bit of blood or redness was caused when it travelled in the sack and rubbing its face still had 2 fangs just near top of mouth.

carpet python - very unusual colouring though

Last edited:
Thats amazing it can live like that...very unusual indeed! He also has amazing colouring, i have never seen anything like that. I hope all goes well with his treatment and recovery...

-RedEyeGirl

:) ha ha anything that has teeth and bites i call fangs - sounds more deadly :)

ahh how can that comment be related to making more people scared of snakes, that was said in a light hearted comment so sorry if you took offence to it, I call our horses teeth fangs too????

hi 12-08-67, just curious to who you are, and what area you cover, it would be great to have further contacts when i carnt get out to calls and need somone else......
Graeme

Hi am just a volunteer animal ambulance driver with a shelter so mainly get calls for injured wildlife, we dont do relocations at all and tend to look up what relocators are in the area when needed. Have done the required training for permit for relocation but havent taken it further.

I am in Brisbane, and I do have a rehab license, along with access to veterinary help 24/7 if anybody needs someone to contact, in regards to injured wildlife. (reptiles only) :)

If you want PM me your details i can check if you're on our data base, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back