Cute/angry baby jacky

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
since all the herping spots in the outer melbourne suburbs is very little, i tend to keep the spots quiet and just write Melbourne as a locality.
and i live at the base of the city, and this spots only 20 mins from me ;) (thats with busy traffic aswell ! )

Fiesty little monster! I couldn't take pics cause I'd be laughing too much

Great photo's, you should enter that first one in this years calandar competition, I'll vote for it!

Agreed, that first shot's a cracker..that's what woodies see in their nightmares.

AusReptiles88 Jacky Lizards (Amphibolurus muricatus) are found in and around Melbourne and are the most common Dragon in the Melbourne area

thanks guys :) , yes i will enter it :)
and yep ausreptiles like micah said, these guys are all around melbourne ;)

I found a wild Jacky and it has never bitten me once or even tried to. Weird.

99% of the jackys ive seen just run out of sight when they see you :p, they are blood fast,
dont know what this ones problem was :lol:

Also i would like to add I don't think I would describe any animal in this situation as a "cranky guy" I would describe it as being purely defensive and rightfully so, this Jacky Lizard senses its life is in potential danger so it responds by gaping it's mouth open. One example where I can say a Jacky Dragon gets aggressive is if it's rival male does not respond to the hand waving signals (by backing away or providing signals back they will display in breeding season) the next step is physical violence where both males will bite each other as an attempt to display dominance over the other (combat) so he has more chance to be noticed by the female within his territory. Just wanted to clear this up as this is what can create general fear and sometimes phobias to general public so if us enthusiasts learn the correct terminology things may start to change for the better.

Last edited:
99% of the jackys ive seen just run out of sight when they see you :p, they are blood fast,
dont know what this ones problem was :lol:

Nah I was able to pick this one up and sit it on my hand and all. Alrhough it looked like it was struggling through a shed at the time. So I took it under my wing for a while until it's shed was all good. It ate Crickets and Woodies out of my fingers/hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back