Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edstar

Reaction score
Hello All

Last few times I've held my MD every now and then makes a pppfff kinda sound. doesn't seem to be showing any signs of sickness or discharge. And is eating fine. Should I be worried?

Thanks for your time!

Eddie

all carpets when they get to a nice size make that hissing sound. it's just them breathing

Both my adult MD make that sound and have had them both vet checked numerious times! just them breathing out nothing to worry about!!

yer my big carpet does this when he's out and about. I keep thinking Darth Vader is around.

My 2 sub-adult NT phase Olive Python's also make a noise why out about strolling, but there is nothing to worry about cause they both are eating and going to the toilet, and have no health issues so l wouldn't worry at all mate.

shes speaking snake language...we just cant understand it....she's probably saying heaps of really intelligent stuff

I know Elvira hisses at me whenever i touch her when she has been asleep and wake her up.....I dont think I want to have any translations from her !!

im sorry but what does MD mean i see it everywhere ?
it would really help if someone could pm me some of the little words used on this site im really confused with alot of the words

I have a 4 year old coastal who recently started making very loud exhaling sounds. I described it to a breeder as the same sort of noise young kids make when they blow hard and fast through a cardboard tube. No wheezing clicking or gurgling sounds. He was a little stumped as he'd never heard it before but hasn't had much to do with large coastals, but offered an explanation of maybe a loose scale in the nostril she was trying to get rid of, it made sense, but she's had a few sheds and still does it. It's totally random, not just before or after a shed or a feed so I've no idea why she does it.
It's probably once or twice a fortnight for about two minutes, and she even does it in her hide, which looks hilarious because she only just fits in there so when she inhales the hide actually lifts up, and lowers again.
It reminds me of how I'd sound after a big feed .... A big breath in and a huge "phew" of an exhale :)
Shes perfectly fine other than the heavy breathing, so I put it down as an age/size thing and laugh at her when she raises the roof on her hide - which I will upgrade shortly

hahaha

go the BHP my Boy does the old hissssssssssssssssssssssss when u grab him or he wants to tough it up lol

good for fun with friends that are omg

My bigger Bredli makes a loud exhaling sounds at times too. Freaked me out when he was going across my shoulders and did it in my ear.....cheeky bugger. Lol

Phew.... What a relief that its normal our jungle makes the same noise.. was super freaked out, just about to rush her to the vet,,,

Thanks guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back