What do you... LIKE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK...we've talked about our phobias and things we don't like....so let's reverse it and talk about the things we do like...but make it general....no reptiles ! ;)

I like....(in no particular order)
Not having to get up at any particular time...it's never before 9am
Having grannie naps most afternoons.
Watching tennis and cricket and documentaries on tv.
My little house, my neighbours and general area where I live.
Watching the stars outside my bedroom window at night, especially if there's a falling star
Dolphins and kangaroos and other Australian furry creatures.
Being an Australian.
Having lunch at my favourite seafood restaurant every couple of months
Sewing and keeping my house neat and tidy.
Snow
Going to church
Reading
My sister and 3 brothers....all older than me
Riding in trains....day time only
My 4 grandsons, though they live interstate and will most likely never really get to know me.
My two kids, though I'm estranged from my daughter.
The wonderful memories I have of my mother
My wonderful husband, I've never loved anyone longer than I've loved him....he's gorgeous.
Mucking around on my computer
I enjoy spending time here on APS
I love jewellery....the cheaper or expensive variety...doesn't really matter.
Shoes....though I'm too old to wear real high heels anymore...still love them

OK....that's enough for a start....let's see what you lot can do. :lol:

You come up with so many good questions...OK, let's think.
I like reading, love a good book, not fussy on genre
My snakes (duh)
Catching up with friends, which is happening less frequently since school finished :(
Playing with my five little brothers

Well, I'm sure there's more, but I'm not gonna try to match your list :p

I enjoy reading (although its mostly bedtime stories for the kids at the moment!) I also like swimming, being outdoors, keeping a clean house, (although dont have much choice anyway....ocd) cooking/baking etc, spending time with my babies, (human & those who just think they are human ;)) spending time with friends, shopping........'making love not war' :p

I enjoy reading (although its mostly bedtime stories for the kids at the moment!) I also like swimming, being outdoors, keeping a clean house, (although dont have much choice anyway....ocd) cooking/baking etc, spending time with my babies, (human & those who just think they are human ;)) spending time with friends, shopping........'making love not war' :p

Shame about the OCD..... I dont' have OCD....but I do have some things that I sort of....MUST HAVE....like I always like to have 2 of everything...if I buy a dress, I must have 2 etc...really hard for me to resist, I almost have a panic attack if I can't do it, but I'm trying to resist. Damn, even had 2 husbands both with the name Brian. :lol: I HATE, HATE having things with circles on them....

I "like/love" soooo many things..........
My Daughter, she is my Sunshine on a rainy day, my silver lining to any cloud....
My Son
All my animals
Crystals/being isolated in the wilderness
My spiritual path
Laughing
rain
mist/fog
Sunshine
bubbles
Fast completely worked cars(older monaros)
working on machinery(getting in the way mostly)
Chocolate coated Bananas(lolly ones)
Thunder storms
Most fruit except pears and the Fuzz on peaches
Native Bees(I have a hive)
My own cooking
Not caring about clothes(I would rather buy snakes and lures lol)
wearing bare feet as much as I can(I dislike shoes)
Expensive jewellery(Only have a couple of pieces but they are good quality)
learning life's lessons
my list is actually endless so I will stop :)
Thanks Annie, lovely topic :)

Shame about the OCD..... I dont' have OCD....but I do have some things that I sort of....MUST HAVE....like I always like to have 2 of everything...if I buy a dress, I must have 2 etc...really hard for me to resist, I almost have a panic attack if I can't do it, but I'm trying to resist. Damn, even had 2 husbands both with the name Brian. :lol: I HATE, HATE having things with circles on them....
Sounds like OCD to me :p

Things I like/love...
Reading, writing, working out, online shopping, dressing up, laughing, spending time with my little girl (when shes not being a brat) and spending time with my incredible fiance.

Well here we go :)
Reading, I'm Always Reading
Music
Video Games, Have had alot of fun with my gaming friends over the past year n a bit :)
I love handling my blue tongue "Bluey"
Love going to Tara-Leighs Place, Handling all the lizards and snakes i can
Increasing My Vocabulary is always fun
gaining knowledge of reptiles
learning about history
Listening to family stories from my grandmother
spending time with my grandpa, (Don't talk to dad) So he's the next best thing, better then being stuck with my mum and 2 sisters :p
Spending most my time on aps and watching viperkeeper videos, lol
i love up & go's im addicted to them :p
i also love playing the didgeridoo im still learning :p
im learning how to play trumpet
Watching Documentaries... Doesn't matter what its about, i love learning lol
Love Spending Time With My Mother, Probably number one of my favorite things to do :)
Mowing Lawns... I used to do it with my grandfather when i was young, and now i do it as often as i can, lol
I love love love stimmies, if im not holding mikey i'm holding Delilah (my sisters snakes)
I love my sisters olive, she's so preety, just trying to get over my fear of big snakes
I love feeding snakes, i've fed my sisters childrens python about 4 times now, he's only a little fella :)
Okay, thats all i can think of atm, there is probably alot more to add, but awesome thread once again Annie :)

I like the family cats, especially the male even though he's a brat. I like stirring him, he's very playful but I have to be careful or he'll bite the crap out of me!

I like researching things that interest me, there have been days when I've spent 6-7 hours reading about things that I find interesting... I like to be thorough!

I like making my mother and brother laugh all the time, when I talk to people I'm very honest, straight to the point and I say exactly what I think which my family thinks is funny because of the way I put it.

I like horror and thriller movies, but movies that make you think are my favourite. I constantly annoy my family when watching psychological movies by figuring out what's going to happen before the whole thing is revealed :D

I like watching medical programs, shows about science, and shows like mega factories where they show you how they make things, I like to know a lot about how things work and why.

I really like riding my motorcycle, I have a lot of fun with that! I also enjoy annoying my brother over facebook even though we're sitting in the same room :lol:

I like pictures, so I'll include photos of some of the stuff I mentioned here. I'll also include a screen shot of a conversation I recently had with my brother to annoy him.

Also, here are a few videos I have of riding my bike that I recorded with my little GoPro camera:

2000 Virago 250 first filmed ride part 1 - YouTube

2000 Virago 250 first filmed ride part 2 - YouTube

2000 Virago 250 ride to shopping centre - YouTube

I've only been riding for 3 weeks :oops:

Failblog and damn you auto correct are a couple of my favourite sites before this one. I've included a screen shot I saw on failbook because I like it :)

Attachments

• Sam3.jpg
    Sam3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 52
  • My Virago14.jpg
    My Virago14.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Sam2.jpg
    Sam2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Krystal5.jpg
    Krystal5.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Krystal2.jpg
    Krystal2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Saddle bags on2.jpg
    Saddle bags on2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Fail.jpg
    Fail.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Rebecca Black.jpg
    Rebecca Black.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Time in country with countrymen
Fishing
Hunting fossils
exploring
beer

oh and Darlyn!

Shame about the OCD..... I dont' have OCD....but I do have some things that I sort of....MUST HAVE....like I always like to have 2 of everything...if I buy a dress, I must have 2 etc...really hard for me to resist, I almost have a panic attack if I can't do it, but I'm trying to resist. Damn, even had 2 husbands both with the name Brian. :lol:
i'm like that with shoes. i can never have just 1, i always end up getting 2

pig hunting
heavy metal
fishing
herping
riding with my dad on his ol`harley
and i sometimes just like to sit in the grass and watch my blackhead roam around.

taking risks
trying something new,
hunting
fishing (if I catch some thing)
knives
reptiles
using what is around me to get out of tight situations
reading grannieannie's threads
and many other things

I like...

my boyfriend :)
animals of any kind
reading sci-fi/fantasy
spending time with my pets
classic muscle cars
being outdoors
clubbing
and listening to music

in no particular order except the first one.
my wife
knives
herps
weight lifting and power lifting
4wding
camping
fishing
boating
travelling
my job
large machinery (no specific type just has to be big)
my dogs
my friends and family
beer
rum
a really good tv series
a really good movie
my car
other cars (good ones doesn't have to be muscle or jap or 4b just has to impress me)
having dinner at the local pub
bush walking
photography
Beijing ( i have spent a fair bit of time there and its a interesting city)
beach
high pressure hydraulics (amazing stuff)
researching stuff i am into
flying kites
drinking really cold water (the kind that's so cold it hurts to drink)
music (doesn't have to be heavy or techno or anything thing in particular just as long as it suits the moment)
getting bulk money ( might sound greedy but hey i like it when it happens)
a good cup of coffee
biscuits
toasted egg and cheese sandwich
wearing nice shoes ( my sound a bit girly but i like it)
chewing gum
a good protein powder that did not cost me an arm and a leg
a small restaurant in a little mining town in inner Mongolia that serves the best pork knuckle in the world
having the room really cold while i am sleeping so i can snuggle into my blankets
sleeping naked
red padas (if i could own one i would)
a indian ringneck that owned a few years ago that would always bite me, hurt like hell but that bird had attitude
laser beams
sleeping in my own bed (i dont do it very often but man i enjoy it)
talking to people in English when i know they dont speak my language (no matter what country as long as you are smiling people will laugh at ya)
teaching people new things and the look on there face when they finally understand it
being the best at one thing and knowing you are (might sound cocky but its a really good feeling)
longwall mining
chicken parmy
not knowing where you'll be in 24hrs time
trying new things
having a constant sense of danger (liked this one ever since i can remember, mums amazed i am not dead)
the internet ( there really isnt much you cant find out about on this thing)
skinny dipping
being the life of the party
being really thrifty
my grandparents (even know i dont see them much they are always there when i need them)
my house
facebook (brilliant thing for staying in touch)
getting clean after a hard days work
sweating (it makes me feel like i am accomplishing something)
a perfectly machined piece of steel (beautiful thing)
clean sheets (but i dont like fitting them)
freezing cold weather (-15 and below it makes me feel like im battling the elements for my life, which comes back to a constant sense of danger)
aeroplanes
feeling healthy (which im not right now, ate in a doggy restaurant for lunch today have not been right since)
feeling loved
going with the flow
having people like my post on the internet ( I always hope they make people smile)
my phone (Android is the way of the future so chuck the ibox in the bin and move forward)
getting my hair cut
soft toilet paper (but not to soft that it falls apart)
the in between moment between drunk and sober and being able to hold that all night
sitting around camp fires talking about nothing

I could do this all night but this will do for now.

dtulip10....I don't just LIKE your post...LOL....I love it !! You sure don't like a dull life do you.... :lol: more power to you mate. ;)

Let's see what else..... :) a couple of other little things maybe.....

I like to make people smile
I like chocolate
I like thunderstorms and lots of rain
I like watching animals and birds just doing their natural thing....
I like telling people that I cut my own hair with the dog clippers and how I've saved hundreds of dollars over the years.
I love the fact that I like my gray hair when most other women colour theirs.
I like lamb roasts
I like red cordial
I like Dilmah tea....strong...it's the best.
I love winter
I love hiding little love letters in my husbands undies and socks and in his shed....places where he'd least expect to find them.
I like my own company

That'll do for now.... :lol: Oh and I love the fact that you're enjoying this thread...xxxxx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back